Gospel 4.0 update lost all notes

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
tevisgrisso

Re: Gospel 4.0 update lost all notes

Post by tevisgrisso »

That was going to be the next thing to try.
tevisgrisso

Post by tevisgrisso »

That did it!! Thank you for your help.
One other question. My "favorites" tab disappeared with this latest version. Did they get rid of that?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Custom collections were cleared with the move from Gospel Library 3 to Gospel Library 4, because of several database changes that were made. You can create a new custom collection by going to the main library, then choosing "Custom Collections" from the overflow menu. After creating a custom collection, you can add books to it by navigating to the books in the library and choosing "Add to" from the book's contextual menu.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
nstarrbartlett

Post by nstarrbartlett »

none of the suggestions are working ... all my notes and highlights on my I-pad are still gone ... help ???
nstarrbartlett

Post by nstarrbartlett »

i did not use my iphone for scripture studying ... i used my ipad ... i had very little on my iphone in the way of notes and highlights ... my ipad had everything in all four scriptures OT-NT-BOM-DC ... now it appears as though what was on my phone is the only thing on my ipad ... how do i get my ipad notes and highlights back ???
nstarrbartlett

Post by nstarrbartlett »

I am just sick about the update and loosing all my notes and highlights off my ipad ... there should have been some kind of warning ... i have updated each time and have never lost my notes and highlights before ... years of work gone !!!
JilP

Post by JilP »

I am using a new iPad and none of my notes transferred over. I don't see a custom collection in an overflow menu (don't even know what that is but can't find that as an option anywhere in my gospel library app and I just updated it). They are still showing on my old iPad and I too am scared of loosing 8 years of study
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

JilP wrote:I am using a new iPad and none of my notes transferred over. I don't see a custom collection in an overflow menu (don't even know what that is but can't find that as an option anywhere in my gospel library app and I just updated it). They are still showing on my old iPad and I too am scared of loosing 8 years of study
Are you signed in with your LDS Account on your old iPad, under Settings? Can you see your recent notes if you log in to LDS.org > My Account and Ward > Notes?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ekkdavis

Post by ekkdavis »

I was having the same problem as well. I logged out and back in and that worked for me. Thanks

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”