Gospel Library 4.0 for iOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
snowmom8

Re: Gospel Library 4.0 for iOS

Post by snowmom8 »

How can I go back to the old lds library. I do not like the update or the new scripture reader. I want to undo the update.
lsumsion

Post by lsumsion »

I am also having trouble updating bookmarks. When I click on the circular arrow by the bookmark I want to update it doesn't change that bookmark, but assigns a random bookmark from my list to the new scripture I was trying to update with.

I have a bookmark labeled "daily reading." In my list it's bookmarked for Alma 26. I am now in Alma 31. When I click the circular arrow right next to my "daily reading" bookmark, it still still says Alma 26, but now another bookmark I had labeled as "choice" has been assigned the Alma 31 and overwritten whatever reference I had bookmarked to go with the "choice" label. It has done this three times, selecting a different random bookmark from my list, so now I have three bookmarks all assigned to Alma 31 (whatever references were attached to them before have been lost) and my "daily reading" still says Alma 26.

Any suggestions?
lsumsion

Post by lsumsion »

Having the tab labels at the top in a blue font instead of white is extremely difficult to read.
karynp6

Post by karynp6 »

I found out that the name of your bookmark has to be named something other than the location. My bookmark didn't have a name, it just had a location, so in this app it was named Ether 2:23. It would not update to the next chapter, even when I pushed the gold arrow thing. But when I renamed it "Personal Study," and moved the cursor to the next chapter where I wanted to bookmark it, and then went to the bookmarks menu and tapped on the gold arrow next to my new personal study bookmark, it did update to the next chapter.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lsumsion wrote:Having the tab labels at the top in a blue font instead of white is extremely difficult to read.
Are you talking about the text on the navigation menu, at the top of the screen?

If you're seeing blue text instead of white, go to Settings > General > Accessibility and switch off "Button Shapes." You may have to force (swipe) close and reopen the app for the change to take effect.
GL menu blue links.png
(217.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wfindlay

Post by wfindlay »

lsumsion wrote: have a bookmark labeled "daily reading." In my list it's bookmarked for Alma 26. I am now in Alma 31. When I click the circular arrow right next to my "daily reading" bookmark, it still still says Alma 26, but now another bookmark I had labeled as "choice" has been assigned the Alma 31 and overwritten whatever reference I had bookmarked to go with the "choice" label. It has done this three times, selecting a different random bookmark from my list, so now I have three bookmarks all assigned to Alma 31 (whatever references were attached to them before have been lost) and my "daily reading" still says Alma 26.

Any suggestions?
My wife reported this same issue on her iPhone 5s
lesmeier

Post by lesmeier »

HELP! ! I'm desperate!! Had tons of notes in Book of Mormon in older version. Without thinking, I deleted the old version and downloaded the new thinking all my notes would transfer over. Someone else do this and could tell me how to restore? :(
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lesmeier wrote:Had tons of notes in Book of Mormon in older version. Without thinking, I deleted the old version and downloaded the new thinking all my notes would transfer over.
Did you sync your note with lds.org? (Via a LDS Account)? If so, then once you sign on with the same LDS Account, the notes should appear in the new version.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”