Crashes on startup

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
veigha

Re: Crashes on startup

Post by veigha »

Hello,
My daughters iPhone 4s did the automatic update, and now Gospel Library will not even open. She is very frustrated. Are you still working on a fix for it? Even for an iPhone 4s?
Thanks!
Veigh
StephenJohnsen

Post by StephenJohnsen »

Having the same problem with crashing on start-up as others in this string (goes to Moroni screen for ~20 seconds, then closes out and is in the background...). I have a 3rd generation iPad.

Perhaps I found an additional symptom of this problem -- I did notice that in my iPad's Settings, there is no Gospel Library app listed (LDS Tools is there, but not GL), but I still have the app on my home screen and I can still open it to the Moroni screen. Perhaps the app does not show up in Settings because there aren't any adjustable settings from Settings? I don't know, I am just grasping at straws.

I am hesitant to try reloading the app because I have a ton of notes and tags that I don't want to lose. However, that is probably irrelevant if I can't open the current app anyway. :cry:
benspendlove

Post by benspendlove »

Got a Testflight beta invitation and installed the beta. The first time I tried to start it, it still crashed, so I loaded the URL as instructed. I think it failed to launch that time, also. I thought perhaps my display settings (reduce motion on, and reduce transparency on) were related, so I turned them off. It started up. I turned reduce motion and transparency back on, and it still works fine. The beta must have fixed something.
olpind

Post by olpind »

Latest beta seems to have fixed the issue. All of my notes and tags are there and so far all of the content I have loaded is working great.
SwetnamCR

Post by SwetnamCR »

I am having the same problem as others. Removed and reinstalled the app on my Ipad 2 with no success. I get the intro screens of what is new, the get a message that it is updating then crashes. Did the update on my
IPhone with no issues.
pamjjensen

Post by pamjjensen »

My page that was open was Isaiah 15.
dianalitster

Post by dianalitster »

Received today's TestFlight, I downloaded it. I tried opening The Gospel Library from the TestFlight application...once again, I just got a white page that I left open for about ten minutes, it didn't open.
StephenJohnsen

Post by StephenJohnsen »

Mine was on Elder Bednar's recent conference talk. This talk shows up in the background, but when you click on it, it does nothing except sit there for a while and then it disappears into the background and the main screen shows up again for the iPad.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It looks like a fixed version 4.0.1 will be available soon. See this post.
rdoig

Post by rdoig »

My gospel library has been crashing on start up too. I read all the comments. I tried deleting a few other apps and it seemed to do the trIck. I wonder if those of us having problems have our devices nearly full to capacity or something like that

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”