Crashes on startup

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
ngwynn

Re: Crashes on startup

Post by ngwynn »

I have the same issue on the iPhone 5s, latest software:. iOS 10.2. The app is completely useless now and I used it everyday before this last update. Since I can't use the app, I can't even contact app support like I used to be able to do from the app. I've contacted them via email at:. gospellibrary-iphone@ldschurch.org And I'll report back if I receive any answer of how to fix the issue.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

I ran into the crash at startup, and even thirty attempts at launching it couldn't get it to come up without crashing. However, uninstalling and reinstalling did solve the issue for me, so ymmv.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
dianalitster

Post by dianalitster »

dianalitster wrote:Crashes over and over. Deleted app and reloaded...no success.
I got the email with TestFlight, it didn't give me the option to "Redeem" only "get", so I did download. This didn't work, I got a white screen. I deleted TestFlight and got it off the cloud. This time I got the option to redeem. When I entered the code it said my invitation had expired.
RichPrice1

Post by RichPrice1 »

Crashes on startup on my wife's iPad. Works fine on my iPad accept that it requires more memory than the prior version.
missmargaret58

Post by missmargaret58 »

robbinsb wrote:Does anybody here know what content they had open in the previous version before they updated to 4.0. There's a possibility that some particular pieces of content are causing the majority of the crashes, but we're not sure which content yet.
My iPad Mini 2 was on the "Library" page, and my iPhone 5 was on a talk by Sister Oscarson.
grahamf72

Post by grahamf72 »

I've also got constant crashes on startup. iPad 3 iOS 9.3.5 & iPhone 5s iOS 10.2.

Not having a good run - first the LDS Hymns app now Gospel Library. Discovered most of the people in the ward have the same problem too.
bobd1830

Post by bobd1830 »

Also having the same issue. I never get past the Angel Moroni either. This is on iPad 2.
bobd1830

Post by bobd1830 »

Deleting and reinstalling gospel library did not help. It was still in the background but when tried to bring it to the foreground it still crashed. I hope you get a fix for it soon!!!
bobd1830

Post by bobd1830 »

Finally got the idea to clear all the apps in the background that were taking up memory and then it did not crash and version 4 came up fine and worked.
lbfarrell

Post by lbfarrell »

My iPad is also crashing on startup as is my husband's.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”