Gospel Library frozen, won't open

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library frozen, won't open

Post by sbradshaw »

RoryLMann wrote:I just bought a new Kindle Fire and am having the same issue when trying to open the Gospel Library. I've installed, uninstalled, rebooted, several times. Every time its tried to load it goes about 50% and then turns off. Any other guidance or help?
Have you tried connecting to a different internet network temporarily?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tingsec

Post by tingsec »

Gospel Library content will not open. I get the Moroni screen for a few second then it closes. I have a brand new ipad with IOS 12 and plenty of storage. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Please help.
abujnowski

Post by abujnowski »

I have had the same issues on my iPad. A workaround is to open another app, then pull up your app bar at the bottom and then open GL in a split screen. Once it opens, pull it out of split screen then reopen and it should be fine. Don’t know why this works but it does
suzyeames

Re: Gospel Library frozen, won't open.

Post by suzyeames »

A window shows tips and has something to do with application functionality. I touch the back Arrow and it goes 2 eh Mirana and the gospel library beginning screen. Then it will not go further.
guentherjohn1

Post by guentherjohn1 »

I've tried everything suggested and no go?!!
John
abujnowski

Post by abujnowski »

The other thing that seems to work for me is to close all applications using the app switcher then open up GL. DOW some reason having it be the first app open seems to work
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

abujnowski wrote:DOW some reason having it be the first app open seems to work
Probably available memory. With other stuff open, there may not be enough space left for GL to operate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cdriggs

Post by cdriggs »

I just bought a new ipad air yesterday and downloaded Gospel Library. I am having the same problem as others have. I open the app, the opening page with Moroni is up for a bit and then it completely closes. I have deleted it and reloaded it several times. Any suggestions?
cdriggs

Post by cdriggs »

I was able to get mine to work by deleting it and reloading it at another location with a more dependable internet.
barbhart

Post by barbhart »

i have an iphone 6s and tried all of the above and nothing works. Just got the phone and got it activated and then uploaded from the cloud. Gospel app works on everything else except this Iphone 6s,
my lap top, my tablet, my husbands iphone 6 can't figure out why it wont work on the 6s

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”