Gospel Library frozen, won't open

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
gneissgirl

Gospel Library frozen, won't open

Post by gneissgirl »

My Gospel Library app won't open. It stays frozen on the loading screen and then closes. Prior to freezing, I was trying to download a video of a conference talk. It was taking an extraordinarily long time, so I tried changing screens, but it wouldn't let me. Then I tried closing the app and opening it again, and that is when my trouble began. Any advice?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library frozen, won't open

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you running low on storage space on your device? You can check this in iOS settings under General > About (capacity and available).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
gneissgirl

Post by gneissgirl »

I have 21.8 GB left. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and that worked temporarily, but now it's freezing again. Both times it has happened when I have tried to download videos. Suggestions? Or will I have to reinstall again? Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Was it the same talk downloading each time that it froze? If so, which talk?
gneissgirl

Post by gneissgirl »

No. Two different videos. One was from conference (Oct. 2012), one was from the Aaronic Priesthood lessons for this month.
waynebishop

Post by waynebishop »

I have the same problem on my Kindle fire. It was working fine and then froze up and I had to reboot the tablet. now I get the screen with the chapel graphic and then it won't load and returns to the home screen. I've done a hard reboot, deleted the app and reloaded and it still won't open the app. Any suggestions?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

waynebishop wrote:I have the same problem on my Kindle fire. It was working fine and then froze up and I had to reboot the tablet. now I get the screen with the chapel graphic and then it won't load and returns to the home screen. I've done a hard reboot, deleted the app and reloaded and it still won't open the app. Any suggestions?
The chapel graphic sounds like LDS Tools, not Gospel Library.
michaeljmunk

Post by michaeljmunk »

My gospel library is freezing when I attempt to open too. Please help. Any suggestions? I have tried rebooting, reinstalling the app, opening the app from the App Store. No luck. I have plenty of capacity so this shouldn’t be an issue either. All other apps open just fine.
Bmatt4500

Post by Bmatt4500 »

I’m having the same problem......
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you're having trouble starting the app, here are some things you can try:
  • Make sure you're connected to a good internet connection, in case the app is trying but failing to download a content update. If you're not connected to internet at all, the app won't try to get updated content; but you may have trouble if you're in a between state – connected to internet, but the internet is slower than normal.
  • Check how much storage space you have remaining on the device. If the device is low on memory, it may be failing to download a content update completely.
  • Restart your device. This may help free up some memory, for a faster launch.
  • Close all of your open programs by swiping them out of recent apps. This could also help free up some memory.
If none of the above works, you can delete the app and reinstall it from the App Store, to reset it. However, if you use the annotation tools in the app (highlighting, writing notes, etc.), I'd recommend checking at LDS.org/notes first to make sure your recent notes and annotations have been syncing (to make sure you won't lose anything important if you delete and reinstall the app).

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”