Ezra Taft Benson

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jjvsnk

Ezra Taft Benson

Post by jjvsnk »

I have been able to download all the Teachings of the Presidents on my ipad except President Ezra Taft Benson. Does anyone know how this might be corrected? I have unloaded all the manuals and then reloaded them but am still having the same problem. Thank you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Ezra Taft Benson

Post by sbradshaw »

Chapter PDFs are missing as download options on the LDS.org version of the manual:
https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-of ... n?lang=eng
(compare Joseph Fielding Smith: https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-of ... h?lang=eng )

This leads me to believe that content is still being prepared. Ezra Taft Benson is next year's manual, so I expect everything will be available within the next month.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
stephenmichaelsmith

Post by stephenmichaelsmith »

On the gospel library app I went to Manage Library, Manuals, Teachings of Presidents and Ezra Taft Benson is still not available. Church is tomorrow and I only have up to Joseph Fielding Smith. I see the manual is online but how to I access it in the Gospel Library app?
stephenmichaelsmith

Post by stephenmichaelsmith »

It was because I wasn't on the latest version of the Gospel Library app.
Larsenadadarlene1

Post by Larsenadadarlene1 »

Trying to download teachings of the presidents Ezra Taft Benson. Doesn't show up on my gospel library. What do I need to do
jwthomasbennion

Post by jwthomasbennion »

I teach Benson on Sunday in HP (2nd half of life history pages 21-33). My wife went to the main distribution center this week and they told her all distribution centers are still out of this manual, due to someone's goofy decision assuming most english members would only use their online devices (iPhones, Androids, iPads). And you can't download PDF of any chapter -- you can only download "Audio MP3". Why? Copyright issue? Pushing us to buy the manual books? So I printed from Chrome browser to a PDF printer-driver format, but the page numbers now only go to 28 instead of 33. The teacher who taught pages 1-21 last Sunday had a manual he bought back in November before the stores ran out. So his page numbers are different from mine. What a mess. We can't talk about page numbers anymore. Oh well.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jwthomasbennion wrote:And you can't download PDF of any chapter -- you can only download "Audio MP3". Why? Copyright issue? Pushing us to buy the manual books? So I printed from Chrome browser to a PDF printer-driver format, but the page numbers now only go to 28 instead of 33. The teacher who taught pages 1-21 last Sunday had a manual he bought back in November before the stores ran out. So his page numbers are different from mine. What a mess. We can't talk about page numbers anymore. Oh well.
You can download the entire book in PDF format and then print just the chapter you want from within the PDF reader. That will give you the same page numbers as the printed manual.

Since the entire book is available in PDF I don't think this a copyright issue. I expect they just didn't both breaking it down in chapters in the PDF because it's easy to navigate to different chapters and print portions in the PDF reader itself.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Because of the cover page and the introductory pages that are using roman numberals, the PDF treats the printed book's page 1 as page 14. So the only non-confusing way to print a single chapter is to go to a specific page in the viewer that you want and print just that page, then the next, then the next individually. (At the moment you will want to quickly print something, you probably won't remember to just add 13 to the page number.) Kind of cumbersome. Also, my HIgh Priest Group Leader wanted to print the introduction but didn't realize that he was going to use 30 sheets of his own paper. I wonder how many of us knew we'd only be using an electronic version of this manual but we snagged a paper book anyway. (I didn't, for the record.)
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mrrad wrote:Because of the cover page and the introductory pages that are using roman numberals, the PDF treats the printed book's page 1 as page 14. So the only non-confusing way to print a single chapter is to go to a specific page in the viewer that you want and print just that page, then the next, then the next individually.
In the Adobe reader there is a very easy way to print just one chapter. Make sure the bookmarks pane is visible and then just right click on the chapter name in the bookmarks and select Print Section.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mrrad wrote:Because of the cover page and the introductory pages that are using roman numberals, the PDF treats the printed book's page 1 as page 14.
That's too bad. I've seen other PDFs that have the pages match the physical pages - including using roman numerals for the intro.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”