Apple Watch

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
zgmorris13

Re: Apple Watch

Post by zgmorris13 »

I can second this!
acmurray wrote:Not being able to listen to the scriptures/conference talks is the only draw back to when I go running without my phone with me. Gospel Library on the Apple Watch, with the ability to sync audio to the watch, would be a dream come true!
nmoyle

Post by nmoyle »

I third this. I would love to not need my phone with me while I exercise and would still like to be able to use the gospel library!
ganthony

Post by ganthony »

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for the tremendous amount of work you put into developing tools for members of The Church of Jesus Chris to build faith in the Savior.

Without being 3 years since this was discussed, the benefit to cost ratio has well been established; a simple app that is accessible through the Apple Watch will increase our ability to follow the Lord’s invitation to, “Come, follow [Him]”.

Please, accept the humble request of His saints to make this happen. I am happy to offer assistance in the development.
veronicaluna

Post by veronicaluna »

I would love to have gospel library on my Apple Watch. I feel the same as those who have expressed a desire to listen to scriptures or talks while running.
I thought of a simple solution, at least in the meantime. What if the church could put the Book of Mormon on audible? Audible is on my watch and I can listen to other books while I run and do chores. or another option is to have Book of Mormon as an audio book on iTunes? Is it possible to download conference talks on iTunes and then listen to them on my watch as if it were a song? I don’t know how to do this but I’ve wondered if this is possible. Just wanted to add my comments to say that gospel library on Apple Watch would be a dream come true.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

veronicaluna wrote:What if the church could put the Book of Mormon on audible? Audible is on my watch and I can listen to other books while I run and do chores. or another option is to have Book of Mormon as an audio book on iTunes? Is it possible to download conference talks on iTunes and then listen to them on my watch as if it were a song? I don’t know how to do this but I’ve wondered if this is possible. Just wanted to add my comments to say that gospel library on Apple Watch would be a dream come true.
Audible produced their own recording of the Book of Mormon, which is available on Amazon. Audible also has a recording of Saints (produced by the Church).
You can also download audio from the Church's Media Library.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
JoshFoth

Post by JoshFoth »

I would also love to listen to conference talks while running using just my Apple Watch. Thanks for all of your hard work!
jpierce21

Post by jpierce21 »

I’ve also been trying to find a good way to listen to general conference just from my Apple Watch while running (I leave my phone at home). Any solution to this would be amazing! - James
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

JoshFoth wrote:I would also love to listen to conference talks while running using just my Apple Watch. Thanks for all of your hard work!
jpierce21 wrote:I’ve also been trying to find a good way to listen to general conference just from my Apple Watch while running (I leave my phone at home). Any solution to this would be amazing! - James
Listening while exercising is a good use case for an Apple Watch version of Gospel Library. I'd recommend sending that as feedback in the app under Settings > Send Feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ranfordb

Post by ranfordb »

acmurray wrote:Not being able to listen to the scriptures/conference talks is the only draw back to when I go running without my phone with me. Gospel Library on the Apple Watch, with the ability to sync audio to the watch, would be a dream come true!
+1 It seems they are no longer sending general conference through podcast feeds, so now my running routine of listening to conference is broken. If they decided not to publish to the RSS podcast feeds because conference is available through the gospel library app then it would really be great to get the audio available through gospel library to download (most important) or stream to the Apple Watch.
johnlukevinc

Post by johnlukevinc »

Any news or update on conference talks becoming part of a podcast channel?
It would be huge to be able to select different talks through the podcast app and upload them to your Apple Watch while exercising without your phone.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”