Sync setting

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
laraineswenson

Re: Sync setting

Post by laraineswenson »

My IPad crashed with installation of 8. When I reset my IPad, everything on my device was restored, but my scripture annotations are all erased.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you logged in to Gospel Library with your LDS Account to sync annotations?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
randall.dale.hopkins

Post by randall.dale.hopkins »

aebrown wrote:
dustingreen wrote:Just something I've noticed (and maybe its already been discussed) but the syncing problem is between the iPad and the iPhone. I can mark something on the iPhone and it syncs to notes on the LDS site; it is the same for the iPad. The problem is that the iPhone and iPad are not talking to each other.
The iPhone and iPad are not supposed to be talking to each other. They both communicate with LDS.org. I suppose that could be considered to be indirect communication with each other, but it's certainly not direct.

But theoretically that should work. If you make a change to your notes on your iPhone, then those changes should go to LDS.org; when your iPad next syncs with the LDS.org servers, it should get that change as well.

Note that the first sync should happen quite quickly, since in this scenario you made the change on your iPhone and so the iPhone knows it needs to communicate changes to LDS.org. But the iPad has no idea that something changed on LDS.org until it actually syncs. I don't know how often it checks with LDS.org for changes, but you can certainly force the iPad to sync its annotations with LDS.org.

I just tested this on Android, and it worked as expected. I made a change to an annotation on my Android phone, and it showed up on my Android tablet.

My android tablet acts like it syncs but then says" last sync never. My annotations from the tablet don't appear on my phone.
Tablet its dying (not as in needing recharged) soon gonna lose everything.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

randall.dale.hopkins wrote:My android tablet acts like it syncs but then says" last sync never. My annotations from the tablet don't appear on my phone.
Tablet its dying (not as in needing recharged) soon gonna lose everything.
What version of Android is your tablet running? Older versions of Android (earlier than Android 4.4) are no longer able to sync because of security updates on the Church servers.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”