Cannot delete highlight

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
skidude

Re: Cannot delete highlight

Post by skidude »

Is anyone still having this problem? I still am and still have to use 2.5 to remove accidental highlights. I'm using the latest iOS 8.1.3
lec24

Post by lec24 »

I was having this problem. Sometimes "Remove" would show up on the list of options (copy, note, mark, etc.) and sometimes it wouldn't. I found that if I selected the highlighted portion and double-tapped it, "Remove" would show as an option (at least it just worked 2 times in a row).

Good luck.
Maviella

Post by Maviella »

Nelljepp wrote:I am having this problem also. Hopefully, they are either working on a solution or someone can post a solution.
Go into the library, then in Notes, then in Notebook... You will find the scriptures repeatedly showing in the list, click edit, select the radio button for the ones you want to delete and hit delete!

I hope this helps :-)
oryan0201

Post by oryan0201 »

I use version 3.4 on iPhone. For that version you have to tap the highlighted verse(s).

1) If there is only one highlight, a menu will popup. Tap the right arrow for more options. Then tap Remove. If you have any annotations with the highlight, those will be removed too.

2) If there is more than one highlight on a verse, or a section of verses, tap a highlighted verse and you will be taken to a "Choose a Highlight" screen. Tap the highlight you want to remove. You will be taken back the to verse(s) and see the popup menu. Tap the right arrow for more options. Then tap Remove. If you have any annotations with the highlight, those will be removed too.
lecialopez

Post by lecialopez »

I can't get the remove menu to pop up to remove my accidental highlights scripture.
Smtaylo1974

Post by Smtaylo1974 »

I am unable to delete highlighting in the new version of LDS Tools version 4.0.1 9906. This is very annoying and instead of deleting the highlight with the trash can, it makes it darker. Please advise a fix to this issue.

Thank you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Smtaylo1974 wrote:I am unable to delete highlighting in the new version of Gospel Library version 4.0.1 9906. This is very annoying and instead of deleting the highlight with the trash can, it makes it darker. Please advise a fix to this issue.
You can create a highlight by tapping and holding on a word. You can edit a highlight by tapping on it quickly. It sounds like you're resting your finger on the highlight for slightly too long, which is creating several highlights on top of each other, on the same word (that's why it's getting darker). Just a quick tap should select the highlight for editing.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mppeters

Post by mppeters »

I am unable to delete a highlight on both my Android and I Pad devices. My Android is version 4.0.1.2 and my I pad is version 4.0.2 9909. This is very frustrating and needs to be fixed.
mppeters

Post by mppeters »

The comment saying to tap lightly worked. I had highlights on top of highlights and just kept lightly tapping and deleting until they were all gone.
akheaps76

Post by akheaps76 »

gzalomoscoso wrote:try this
clic in the center of the text, then the recycle icon
Thank you very much! Your suggestion worked great!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”