Study Plan Tab

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
mshepherd22

Study Plan Tab

Post by mshepherd22 »

Just wondering when the Study Plan Tab will be added to the Gospel Library for Android users? We are a house divided (iPhone/Android :D ) and I'd love this option like my husband has already for his app.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Study Plan Tab

Post by lajackson »

The beta showed up Sunday on my Android phone and worked really well for me, so I anticipate it may not be too much longer.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I have been playing with the beta of the new Study Plans tab and only have one question so far. In my personal study I am about two thirds the way through the Old Testament. I have tried to set up a schedule to cover the last third of the book, but I have not been able to do so. It seems that a schedule can be set only for the entire book.

I can check off the part I have read, but then I just get a message that says I am 285 days ahead of schedule. Is there any way to set up a study plan for just part of a book?

Of course, it should work just fine the next time I start reading the Old Testament again from the beginning and set up a new plan.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There isn't currently a way to add only part of a book to a plan. However, if you have everything you've read checked off, you can recalculate so that it starts where you left off at today's date. Or, when you create the plan, you can set a start date in the past.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:if you have everything you've read checked off, you can recalculate so that it starts where you left off at today's date.
Ah, I had not figured out what recalculate did. But it does move the next chapter to be read to today's date (or the next study day if not daily).
sbradshaw wrote:Or, when you create the plan, you can set a start date in the past.
Yes, that would work.
jefforgill

Post by jefforgill »

Study plans on the gospel library app is so slick!! Thanks so much for making it! God bless you awesome designers and coders working fro the church. I try to convert everyone I can to using it. I think it really helps with daily reading.

One request... can you add it to the other versions of the app (not just IOS)? I use a laptop with Windows 10 and my stuff doesn't transfer over obviously.

Thanks for all you do and God bless!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”