Older Gospel Library version availability

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
TomEccles

Older Gospel Library version availability

Post by TomEccles »

I have a device with an older Android version that is incompatible with the current version of Gospel Library. Are older versions of Gospel Library available as APK files that could be installed by sideloading?
drepouille

Re: Older Gospel Library version availability

Post by drepouille »

Speaking from complete ignorance, I would say that older versions of Gospel Library would not be compatible with the current catalog. Even if you could install an older version, it would not be able to download any of the current data from the servers.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
TomEccles

Post by TomEccles »

After I made the post, I continued to work the problem. I found an APK file for Gospel Library version 4.2.3.2 on two independent websites (apk20.com and apkpure.com). I downloaded both. They were identical, so I felt confident they had not been tampered with. I used them to install Gospel Library on my phone. The installation worked fine, and I now have the scriptures, the latest General Conference, and other material on my phone. I suspect it will not work as well as the current version, but so far I have not encountered any problems.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What OS is your phone running? You may want to read this post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
corwinallenwest

LDS Gospel Library ver 9.3.5

Post by corwinallenwest »

I have an older iPad ver 9.3.5 can I get an LDS Gospel Library app that will work with this?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Gospel Library ver 9.3.5

Post by sbradshaw »

corwinallenwest wrote:I have an older iPad ver 9.3.5 can I get an LDS Gospel Library app that will work with this?
Yes, if you've installed Gospel Library before (on any device with your Apple ID), you can find an older version available to download on the "Purchased" tab in the App Store. Unfortunately, there's no way to install Gospel Library if you've never installed it on a device with your Apple ID before (that's an iOS limitation).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
MartinEwards

Post by MartinEwards »

TomEccles wrote:After I made the post, I continued to work the problem. I found an APK file for Gospel Library version 4.2.3.2 on two independent websites (apk20.com and apkpure.com). I downloaded both. They were identical, so I felt confident they had not been tampered with. I used them to install Gospel Library on my phone. The installation worked fine, and I now have the scriptures, the latest General Conference, and other material on my phone. I suspect it will not work as well as the current version, but so far I have not encountered any problems.

Sometimes, you can't directly download an app from marketplaces like Google Play or Appstore since the updated version of the app is incompatible with your device (Android version) and I find that sidedownloading APK file is the best alternative. There're some third-party sites which provide different versions of the application such as apkpure, apktodie and apktovi. Please note that if you want to find out the most proper variant of an APK file to your device, you need to download AID64 app. Then compare the parameters of your device to the app variants (Architecture, DPI and Android version)

Return to “Android Gospel Library”