Attaching photos in notes or tags

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
AngelaWright

Attaching photos in notes or tags

Post by AngelaWright »

I love to study with the Gospel library. I love the ability to tag and link scriptures, talks, and lesson material. One thing that would make it so much better is the ability to add a photo as well. Often times I'm studying in a physical book and I would love to be able to take a photo of a paragraph and link it or tag it with the same topic I'm studying in Gospel library. Is this feasible? Please please add this feature!
GrasseDD

Re: Attaching photos in notes or tags

Post by GrasseDD »

I understand this would require enormous server space. There would likely have to be a filesize limit.
Meanwhile, the iOS and Windows versions of GL give access to external hyperlinks in annotations. Can we at least have that functionality in GLA? We could add a URL in an annotation that would link to an image, etc. I keep a folder in Google Drive containing scripture files like this.
onesweetjones

Post by onesweetjones »

Amen.

I would love, love, love image support! Hyperlinks would be a decent work around.
deboramaur

Post by deboramaur »

AngelaWright wrote:I love to study with the Gospel library. I love the ability to tag and link scriptures, talks, and lesson material. One thing that would make it so much better is the ability to add a photo as well. Often times I'm studying in a physical book and I would love to be able to take a photo of a paragraph and link it or tag it with the same topic I'm studying in Gospel library. Is this feasible? Please please add this feature!

Yes please!!
kure

Post by kure »

Angela nailed it. This could really help us having our own library/reference material rather than having things in two different places.
Finding material where only a picture of it is available is fairly common and could be helpful for future reference.
Put the safe guards in place so it is not abused for server space by each member should take care of most concerns.
PaulRoskelley

Post by PaulRoskelley »

[Bump]
To clarify I'm interested in Adding media (Pictures/Video) to the Android version of the Gospel Library.
It's been several years, and several iterations. I still don't see any obvious way to add media, however the curators of the content seem to be able to add media to verses

Return to “Android Gospel Library”