Updates failure

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
migrembe

Updates failure

Post by migrembe »

Repeated update failures are driving me crazy. Each time the gospel library fails to update i lose the ability to do something or access something - this time my ability to high light scriptures or text using an under line as disappeared a long with any previous underlining. I use my e-scriptures to teach and I can't have this happen. How do I restore the underlined portions? I have uninstalled and reinstalled it hasn't helped. Also it keeps giving me an error message that my sign in is incorrect??? It isn't. I am using a kindle version.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Updates failure

Post by sbradshaw »

Try force-closing (swiping out of recent apps) and reopening the app, then pulling down a couple of other times (make sure your tablet is connected to a good internet connection). I'm guessing your tablet hasn't received or installed the newest content catalog yet, which fixes the problem with underlining.

Sign-in problems aren't related to content updates, so that would be a separate problem – where are you seeing the sign-in error messages – in the notifications area, or under Gospel Library settings, or both?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
PODiedrichSr

Post by PODiedrichSr »

I have a Kindle Fire 8 which I just got and loaded Gospel Libray on itas the fir aplicato loaded and it doesn't work. I cannot even get the Old Testament or most recent conference o load so I cannot participate in Priesthood classes. Not having the ospel lirary after depedng on it for several years is a disaster and a major impediment to gospel study and church class participation. Ihave a fast internet at home but get download failures on every document and apparently even the catalog. I can get along without underlining and pictures; but not withot text content.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

With my Fire that just started acting badly I downloaded a video (inside Gospel Library) - after downloading that video it then allowed all the books to update and/or download. Not sure if it will help, but that seemed to do it for me.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Android Gospel Library”