General Conference Video on Kindle Fire

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jfcannon

General Conference Video on Kindle Fire

Post by jfcannon »

This morning (23 Dec 2017) I found that I can no longer see the General Conference videos on my 7th Generation Kindle Fire 10" device, nor on my wife's somewhat older Kindle. We can see the text, but not the video. Until this morning we have been able to see the video, but for some reason the video has disappeared. Does anyone know why this has happened and how to get the video back?

Later: My mistake. I have the video on my new 7th Generation Kindle. It's my and my wife's older Kindle Fire devices that have lost the video. The Gospel Library version on our older Kindles is 4.2.3.2. I see that my newer Kindle has version 4.3.1.2, so I deleted Gospel Library from my older Kindle and reinstalled it. It is still version 4.2.3.2 and now when I open it, it tells me "Failed to create download directory" and I am unable to download anything. So I have gone from not being able to see General Conference videos to not being able to see anything. Help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: General Conference Video on Kindle Fire

Post by sbradshaw »

There was a content update recently that accidentally removed general conference videos. This has since been fixed, with another content update. I'm not sure about the "Failed to create download directory" error, though. How much space do you have available on your older Kindle Fire? (I'm guessing your older Kindle is a 2012 model, running a version of Android 4.0, which is why it installed the 4.2.3.2 version of Gospel Library.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”