Unable to install

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
muhlweg2

Unable to install

Post by muhlweg2 »

Good day, I have a fairly new android phone and can not down load the app. Gospel Library. Always get the message (Failed to create download directory). Beginning to believe my phone is broken in some fashion, anyone else experienced this, any ideas for a fix. I miss not having access to all of that good stuff:(
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title from 'log in"
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to install

Post by sbradshaw »

What kind of phone do you have, and what version of Android are you running? Are you installing Gospel Library through the Google Play store? Does the "failed to create download directory" message come up when you try to install the app through Google Play, or is it the first time you open the app after installing? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
trentspaulding

Post by trentspaulding »

I am getting the same error. Moto E, running LineageOS, Android 7.1. Tried using both internal and external storage. I am getting this error constantly.
trentspaulding

Post by trentspaulding »

This error comes after installing the app. When the Gospel Library first launches, it says it can't create the download library. It then says that over and over again as you try to do anything in the app. I have also tried giving the app permissions to access the SD card.

This is a clean reinstall of the phone in the last couple of days. Can't get the app to work on the phone. This error and the LDS Music App crashing on load are the only anomalies on the phone. Everything else on the phone seems fine.

Could there be some library or dependency missing?
trentspaulding

Post by trentspaulding »

Found the answer!

Under Android Settings --> Storage, it shows the SD card I am currently using (which is formatted as internal storage) and it showed an SD card that was not present. This phone only has room for one. I touched the missing SD card and there was an option to forget the card. It then appeared that the internal card was gone and that there still was and SD card not present. I touched that one and chose forget again. Then it looked like I had no SD card. I navigated back to settings and then back to storage. The internal SD card was there and there were no missing cards. This solved the issue with Gospel Library as well as a handful of other issues I had discovered this morning.
zerotoherolife

Post by zerotoherolife »

Yes, this fixed work for me as well. Thank you for taking the time to post this. This fix solved a lot of other storage problems as well.
mrsdir

Post by mrsdir »

I have Gospel Library on my Ipad Pro. But it will not allow me to install the Gospel Library app on my Kindle. When I try to install the app, it says it is already installed.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mrsdir wrote:I have Gospel Library on my Ipad Pro. But it will not allow me to install the Gospel Library app on my Kindle. When I try to install the app, it says it is already installed.
What's the exact error message you get when you try to install it on your Kindle Fire? Are you installing it from the Amazon Appstore? Are you sure it's not already installed and available on your device?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ingkonbs

Post by ingkonbs »

I am using Android smart phone. I couldn't open my gospel library after I reinstalled the apps. It keeps telling me to connect to the internet in which I already did at the first place. I managed to download the apps but once I opened the apps, it says that I need to connect to the internet. There's nothing wrong with my internet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ingkonbs wrote:I am using Android smart phone. I couldn't open my gospel library after I reinstalled the apps. It keeps telling me to connect to the internet in which I already did at the first place. I managed to download the apps but once I opened the apps, it says that I need to connect to the internet. There's nothing wrong with my internet.
Try turning on airplane mode, opening the app, and then turn off airplane mode. The have the app refresh.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”