UPDATING ENDLESSLY

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
kofoedsl

Re: UPDATING ENDLESSLY

Post by kofoedsl »

My family is also having this issue on our Kindle Fire HDX 7" (3rd generation). We are not connected to wifi on a regular basis, but after connecting on Wednesday, I encountered this error. After uninstalling and reinstalling that evening, I was fine. Until just a few minutes ago when I got back on the wifi...am now having to uninstall and reinstall on both Kindles.

Figure I should post the specifics here if developers are wanting additional information.

Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you able to open the app after reinstalling? If so, you can try sending feedback through Settings. That will attach diagnostic info about your device and your installation of Gospel Library, which can help the support team with debugging. Also, are you on the beta version of the app?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kofoedsl

Post by kofoedsl »

I was able to open the app after reinstalling...but once I exited from the app on either device, the issue started up again. Once I get it reinstalled on both devices, I will go ahead and send feedback through that app!

I'm not sure if I'm on the beta version of the app or not...it's whichever version is currently available through the Amazon app store (no help, I know)

Thanks!

EDIT: I tried sending feedback through the app. Unfortunately, after hitting "Send Feedback" and then selecting my email app, nothing happened.
Davehallbyu

Post by Davehallbyu »

The only solution I've found for this was deleting the app and reinstalling. I've now had to do this twice, the latest being today. Please tell me I'm not going to have to delete and reinstall Gospel Library every few weeks!
ehacker

Post by ehacker »

I too have experienced this problem lately (last Sunday July 23rd) and uninstalled reinstalled to fix it. However, today it just happened again. For clarity, on my LG G5 android phone, I receive an endless splash or temporary page displaying an Angel Moroni figure with a loading bar that continuously repeats and I can't seem to gain access to the library as it stays cemented and fixed on this page. I will attempt to uninstall and reinstall...again.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Make sure you're either on the newest released version of the app (4.1.1.8) or the newest beta version (4.2.0.4-BETA). Try a delete and reinstall again... There have been a lot of content issues recently, including one that popped up today. if deleting and reinstalling again doesn't work, you'll probably need to send feedback to the support team. Sending feedback through the app is best if possible (because it attaches diagnostic info), but if you can't get into the app, you can send an email directly to android-support@ldsmail.net (that's the email address that's used for in-app feedback).
tdgarrett

Post by tdgarrett »

Jldevictoria wrote:I am also having this exact same problem. It's like the sync procedure is stuck endlessly syncing. I uploaded a picture of where it is frozen.
I am having the exact same problem. It has gone on now for two weeks. I deleted app and reinstalled. My notes and highlights were also deleted.
rashelferrin

Post by rashelferrin »

I have an iPhone and every time I try to open my Gospel Library, it starts updating, goes to a blank screen, then just stays there. I cannot go to any other screens while it is doing this. But nothing happens, no updating, nothing-then I just have to click out of it. I cannot use my gospel library, haven't been able to for several days and am getting so frustrated. If I uninstall, then install again, I don't want to lose all of my bookmarks! When is this problem going to get fixed? My daughter's is doing the same thing! Please advise. Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

rashelferrin wrote:I have an iPhone and every time I try to open my Gospel Library, it starts updating, goes to a blank screen, then just stays there. I cannot go to any other screens while it is doing this. But nothing happens, no updating, nothing-then I just have to click out of it. I cannot use my gospel library, haven't been able to for several days and am getting so frustrated. If I uninstall, then install again, I don't want to lose all of my bookmarks! When is this problem going to get fixed? My daughter's is doing the same thing! Please advise. Thanks!
Are you able to get into Settings in the app? If so, you can send in-app feedback to the iOS Gospel Library support team, who can help diagnose the problem.

As long as you are signed into your LDS Account, you won't lose any bookmarks by deleting and reinstalling the app. You won't lose any notes, highlights, etc. either. However, deleting and reinstalling will clear downloaded items, open screens, and custom collections, if those are important to you.
rashelferrin

Post by rashelferrin »

Hi,
Nope, I can't get into Settings or anything within the app--it just goes to the blank screen, then nothing else. I am hoping that this message will get to the iOS library support team since I sent this to them? I'll try deleting and reinstalling the app-with my LDS account open-hope that helps. Thanks for taking the time to write back to me!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”