Gospel Library 4.1.0 for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library 4.1.0 for Android

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 4.1.1 for Android is now available. This is a minor update – the only noticeable change is that when there's a catalog update, it will be updated using SQLite diff instead of downloading the full catalog each time. This means that each catalog update will be less than a megabyte, instead of about 14 megabytes.

To clarify, there are no changes around downloading content items (books, magazines, conferences, etc.) – only the catalog (list of all content items in each language). But the catalog gets updated more often than individual content items, so this should be a significant improvement.

If you have a lot of content items downloaded – for example, if you're the type of user who likes to download everything just in case you'll need it – I'd still recommend checking for updated content on Saturday night or Sunday morning, before you go to church. But since everyone in the ward will be getting smaller catalog updates (Gospel Library for iOS was recently updated with the same change), LDSAccess might be snappier (fingers crossed) and it may not be an issue anymore.

P.S. gsjpom, lajackson, and drd.mntmr, did all of your downloaded books get deleted with this update again (I hope not)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library 4.1.1 for Android

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:P.S. (I hope not)?
All of the content I have previously downloaded (which is everything except the actual videos, New Era, Friend, and Liahona) remained after the upgrade to 4.1.1.8, which just occurred. Most of the little icons are missing, but they seem to be showing up slowly one by one, and I suspect they all will be here by morning, if not sooner.

My bookmarks even stayed in order.
kgreenwood1

Post by kgreenwood1 »

How can I add to custom collections? I've tried doing what was suggested for the previous versions of the app, but it will only bring up notebooks, not collections. (Highlighting, add to) please help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kgreenwood1 wrote:How can I add to custom collections? I've tried doing what was suggested for the previous versions of the app, but it will only bring up notebooks, not collections. (Highlighting, add to) please help!
To create a custom collection, go to the main library, and choose "Custom Collections" from the overflow menu in the top right corner. The press the "+" button.
After you've created the custom collection, you can navigate to a book in the library you want to add, tap the three dots to the right book cover image / name of the book, and choose "Add to." The screen for choosing a custom collection will appear.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”