Installing/Moving data to external

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rodeab

Installing/Moving data to external

Post by rodeab »

TOPIC: How to move all data by default to the external sdcard after installing app to external sdcard?

Good day everyone,
I know this must have come up somewhere and some other time and I apologize for bringing it up here again if has been already. Even though I have "installed" on the sdcard, whenever I download content (for example every month of the Ensign, movie from the New Testament series) it goes to my phone storage and not to my external sd storage. I have spent hours trying different apps and looking through files to find ways to have everything transfer and/or download to the sd card.

Thank you much!

UNIT: Android: (5.1.1) phone: (ZTE Citrine)
rodeab

Re: Installing/Moving data to external

Post by rodeab »

Any insights yet?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library doesn't have any built-in functionality for (or against) SD cards, but relies only on where Android tells it to put files. Google has changed how SD cards behave with every major Android update. It also varies by manufacturer. From what I understand, in Android 6 and up it should be possible to move the app and all of its content to the SD card in Android settings, but Android 5 isn't as straightforward.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rodeab

Post by rodeab »

Hello sbradshaw,

thank you for the quick and insightful response. So, the programmers are at the whim of how google decides to that. Good to know. Thank you for this update. So, what is you suggestion with android 5 then?

PS. I was just told that I had a duplicate posting that was deleted. Sorry, I didn't realize. That must have been back when my browser was giving me a lot of trouble. I tried to contact one of the admins to say that, but I couldn't find a way to contact any of you.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”