Content failed to download

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dellellison

Re: Content failed to download

Post by dellellison »

My wife and I are also having this issue now with the latest update. We have Samsung android phones.
How do we get the app developers to take a look at this and fit it?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Another post reports that the content servers went down again this morning (Thursday) and that they should be back up within an hour.
garyknelson

Post by garyknelson »

Just updated to 4.1.1.8 and I found that I cannot download from the scriptures and Jesus Christ sections. Other than that I can see and download almost everything else. My wife updated her phone (same device and build) 3 weeks ago and does not have a problem. I've deleted the cache and the data and uninstalled the app 3 times over the last two days. Any Suggestions? Is there a problem with the server?

Android 5.0.1 on Galaxy S4
Last edited by garyknelson on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

garyknelson wrote:Just updated to 4.1.1.8 and I too could not download any content. My wife updated her phone (same device and build) 3 weeks ago and does not have a problem. I've deleted the cache and the data and uninstalled the app 3 times over the last two days. Any Suggestions.

Android 5.0.1 on Galaxy S4
This isn't an app problem, it's a content problem – in this case, deleting and reinstalling the app won't make a difference. The content should be back up on the server shortly (some of the content is already back).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
robertkennethsmith

Post by robertkennethsmith »

Both my wife & I are seeing "Failed to download []" - Note, nothing in the braces. So that's like, 'I tried to download nothing and couldn't'. This seems to have just recently started. I also deleted the Gospel Lib App and re-installed it just before this when it came up with the 'blue moving line' for about an hour and refused to do anything else. So I'm guessing this is a glitch in a new release that will - hopefully - soon be addressed, by someone.
xphile1998

Post by xphile1998 »

Same thing for me. I've also done the uninstall/reinstall thing and no luck. I'm working from an Amazon Kindle Fire 7 (7th gen). I've even gone through and removed individual titles and tried syncing and still getting the same error. Hoping not to have delete all my titles and install them one by one.

Doesn't look like we've discovered the solution or cause yet?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The "Failed to download []" message will be fixed in an update to the Gospel Library app, either this week or next. In this case, it is in fact an app problem, not content. :) It has been fixed for beta users already, if you're on the beta for Gospel Library.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”