Advice on how to bookmark/save place in scripture ready

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
wmetzelar

Advice on how to bookmark/save place in scripture ready

Post by wmetzelar »

It was my understanding that when you save a bookmark in the gospel library app that it saves across all devices.

I use the bookmark option to save where I last left off in my reading. I typically read on my iPad but every know and again I’ll use my iPhone. I just realized that it appears that the app does not save across all devices. If I am wrong please let me know.

If you have a better idea on how to track you reading please let me know.

Thank you
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Advice on how to bookmark/save place in scripture ready

Post by lajackson »

wmetzelar wrote:It was my understanding that when you save a bookmark in the gospel library app that it saves across all devices.
If you are signed in with the same Church Account on each device, your bookmarks should update across devices. Each device needs to connect online at some point to send or receive updates, but it should be automatic. It is possible to update a bookmark and then exit the app before it sends the update to ChurchofJesusChrist.org, but I have found it updates fairly quickly, usually in just a few seconds if I am connected. Otherwise, it will update the next time you start the Gospel Library app, but you will have needed it on your other device before then.

I also keep track of my personal reading using bookmarks. I think it is an excellent way to do it. You might consider using the new Study Plans feature, but my study is not quite as scheduled and structured as that. So I fall back on the old-fashioned bookmark, even if it is an electronic one now.

Return to “Gospel Library”