Digital Inserts for Gospel Library

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
butlerrl

Digital Inserts for Gospel Library

Post by butlerrl »

When I teach, I like to use quotes that are cut into strips and can be put into paper scriptures with repositionable glue.

I realize that I could have students link to the quote, if it is found in Gospel Library, but it isn't that fast and it kind of takes a while to do.

Is there a quick and easy way that I could have students get a block of text into their note section? I've thought about QR codes as an option, but I don't know if that is the best.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
dthomaswright

Re: Digital Inserts for Gospel Library

Post by dthomaswright »

I have used QR codes as I teach. I paste all the text into a QR code generator so when it is scanned a student can copy the text and paste it into a note in the gospel library app. I love linking when possible but QR codes can be faster when teaching.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Digital Inserts for Gospel Library

Post by sbradshaw »

Linking makes it easy for students to go back and read through the full talk or manual that the quote came from – which could provide a launching point for their own personal study in a way that pasted text can't do. I think that once the students learn how to create links, it will be almost as fast as pasting text into a note – and if it gets the students into a serious study of gospel materials, any extra time it might take is worth it. Teach them to fish!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”