Links in Notebook and notes

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
t1op

Links in Notebook and notes

Post by t1op »

Is there a way to make clickable links to scripture references or conference talks, etc., in the Gospel Library in a notebook entry or in the notes added to a scripture?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Links in Notebook and notes

Post by sbradshaw »

There are two ways to accomplish what I think you're trying to do.

1) Go to a scripture you want to link and create a highlight. Add your note to the highlight by tapping the highlight and choosing Note. Add links to the highlight by tapping the highlight and choosing Link. The original scripture, note, and linked content will all show together as a single annotation. (Because of the way annotations are stored and synced, annotation links can only be added to a highlight – not to a note independent from a highlight.)

2) Find the URL for the content you want to link to, and paste it into the note. If you're on Gospel Library for iOS or Gospel Library Online, after you save the note, the URL will be formatted as a hyperlink.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
t1op

Post by t1op »

That works, thank you!
mathster

Post by mathster »

When I click on the link I created from the above directions, it does not go to the URL. Nothing happens.
WalkerGW

Post by WalkerGW »

When I am adding links to the links panel in a chosen section of study, I run out of room on the links panel. As it fills up I can no longer see the links icons for the scriptures for example. Is there a way to continue to add links and not have the panel cover up the link choices?
Thank you ... Gary Walker

Return to “Gospel Library”