Adding Custom Content to Gospel Library

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
sethmanwaring

Adding Custom Content to Gospel Library

Post by sethmanwaring »

I really enjoy the study tools in the gospel library app and scriptures.lds.org. The features make study and reference so clear and easy! Frequently I wish that I could use these same tools for studying non-gospel topics like the US Constitution, for example. If there's no way for me to add an article or a book to the app, this would be a very helpful feature to add. I would love to be able to add a book like Religious Freedom And The Supreme Court by Dallin H. Oaks, or a copy of the Federalist Papers, and then mark them up and add tags and links to relevant scriptures!
carsonm

Re: Adding Custom Content to Gospel Library

Post by carsonm »

For some of the eBooks, you mentioned, it sounds like something like Deseret bookshelf might better fit that specific request for non gospel related topics. I have not tried it, so I am not sure if it has what you are looking for, but might be worth a look.
verizonwiz

Post by verizonwiz »

I would love this feature as well.
wbaeck

Post by wbaeck »

Please add this feature!! Miss this since a long time!!
sethmanwaring

Post by sethmanwaring »

carsonm wrote:For some of the eBooks, you mentioned, it sounds like something like Deseret bookshelf might better fit that specific request for non gospel related topics. I have not tried it, so I am not sure if it has what you are looking for, but might be worth a look.
Using another app would not satisfy the need expressed in this request. I want to be able to link scriptures to selected texts, such as BYU Speeches, the US Constitution, or a book in the public domain. I want the ability to add such content into my library so I can tag and link it to conference talks and scriptures.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sethmanwaring wrote:Using another app would not satisfy the need expressed in this request. I want to be able to link scriptures to selected texts, such as BYU Speeches, the US Constitution, or a book in the public domain. I want the ability to add such content into my library so I can tag and link it to conference talks and scriptures.
No one on this user-to-user mutual help forum has any ability to make this happen. And the programmers take their direction and priorities from the church councils who direct their work. There are 2 official ways you can get this request to those who set their priorities:
1. Feedback from within the app
2. Convince your stake president to bring it up in his coordinating council with his regional representative
It is my understanding that all feedback is read and passed to those who make decisions for the app, but we often don't receive an individualized reply.

Return to “Gospel Library”