Removing 'All' Bookmarks

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
brissonbankscv

Removing 'All' Bookmarks

Post by brissonbankscv »

I listen to the scriptures daily and will put a bookmark where I've left off. After going through a number of times I'd like to remove "all" those bookmarks and don't see a way to do this, is there?

I do see where you can remove them one by one but that is long and tedious. Perhaps a reading bookmark that is movable could be added instead of a bookmark to highlight a particular scripture could be added?

Thanks,

Claire
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Removing 'All' Bookmarks

Post by lajackson »

brissonbankscv wrote:Perhaps a reading bookmark that is movable could be added instead of a bookmark to highlight a particular scripture could be added?
I have a "reading" bookmark. It takes me to the last place I stopped reading.

When I have finished reading the next time, instead of setting a new bookmark I go to Bookmarks, select the three-dot menu to the right of my reading bookmark, and press Update. The bookmark, in effect, moves to the new location.

But I believe that the only way to remove all of your undesired bookmarks is to go Bookmarks, select the same three-dot menu, and press Delete, one at a time, sorry.
bradshaw.anne

Post by bradshaw.anne »

I would also love to know how to delete all my bookmarks. My pages will no longer scroll smoothly, but go in jumps. I'm wondering if this could be due to thousands of bookmarks, but don't have time to go through deleting one by one. I considered removing the app and reinstalling, but worried that it might also remove all my personal notes in addition to the bookmarks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bradshaw.anne wrote:I considered removing the app and reinstalling, but worried that it might also remove all my personal notes in addition to the bookmarks.
In the post before yours, I mentioned that I believe the only way they can be deleted is one at a time. You may with to go to the Church website and see if it is easier to delete them there than in the app itself. I have not experimented with that approach.

Do not bother to remove and reinstall the app. All of your personal items will come back when the newly installed app synchronizes with the headquarters files.
bradshaw.anne

Post by bradshaw.anne »

Thanks. Good to know. Does anyone else have a problem with scrolling, or is it really because of my countless bookmarks?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bradshaw.anne wrote:Thanks. Good to know. Does anyone else have a problem with scrolling, or is it really because of my countless bookmarks?
Scrolling becomes jittery if you have a lot of annotations on the page, which might include highlights, links, bookmarks, etc. This is a known bug, but it hasn't been prioritized to be fixed. I'd recommend sending in-app feedback under Settings to report the problem – bugs that are reported more frequently tend to be prioritized higher.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bradshaw.anne

Post by bradshaw.anne »

Thanks. I'll try that.
ianmichaelrobinson

Post by ianmichaelrobinson »

I would also love to know how to delete all my bookmarks. ,"

Is a way to CLEAN ALL personal study, BOOKMARKS included other than 1by1 (best done from web version but still laborious) is to have a 2nd ,3rd account and simply deleting it when finished that course of study...I.e. Learning how the system best works for you.

Of course you would lose any and all notes but use the 2nd account to gone your use of this medium of study and making your future studies standardised to one's developed preference s.

You still have an lds membership account to use for method s you are set on and relatively happy with. The programme tolls will catch up perhaps son enough

As for the ethics of using more server space in not sure myself. But for now that's my WHITE BOARD METHOD of learning the system and experimenting with it for the present

Thoughts?
portera

Post by portera »

The fastest way to remove old bookmarks is to click on the ribbon so that all of the bookmarks appear. Then swipe each bookmark from the extreme right side to the extreme left in one motion and they disappear. No need to go to the three dots and look for the minus sign etc..

Return to “Gospel Library”