Gospel Library stopped working on Fire OS

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
swamplady

Gospel Library problems

Post by swamplady »

I have Gospel Library on my Kindle Fire. Every time I try to open it, it says Gospel Library has stopped. This has been happening for three days now.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library stopped working on Fire OS

Post by sbradshaw »

There was a Gospel Library catalog update this weekend that was bigger than usual (~14 MB uncompressed compared to ~2 MB uncompressed). Because of the way content updates are now handled (using diff files), the entire 14 MB was loaded into memory, which is causing out-of-memory crashes on some Kindles and a few other Android devices. You might be able to get around it by closing other open applications before you open Gospel Library (to free up some memory) – or wait for an update to Gospel Library, which will hopefully be this week.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cynthiajterrill

Post by cynthiajterrill »

I'm having same problem, starting September 2. Worked again briefly tonight after uninstalling, then reinstalling, but now the app is gone entirely from the app store on my Kindle Fire. Would really like this to get fixed please!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 4.2.2 for Android is now available on the Amazon Appstore and Google Play. The crash on start should be fixed with the update (fingers crossed!).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I updated the app on my wife's Samsung tablet last evening. That fixed it for her. I never had any problem with mine, but it is a different model with double the memory hers has.
diannelynch

Post by diannelynch »

Thank you!! Mine works, it is amazing how much we rely on our electronics.

Return to “Gospel Library”