A request for Abbreviated to be Abv. in reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kh_design

A request for Abbreviated to be Abv. in reports

Post by kh_design »

I would like to see the word Abbreviated to be Abbreviated (Abv.) in reports.

For example, when I create custom reports in the Stake MLS I select 'Ward Abbreviated Name' (this would allow me to add other information on the custom report without having the full ward name taking up a lot of space, we have two and three digit abbreviations for each of the wards).

Here is the irony, the column's header is labeled 'Ward Abbreviated Name', now you can see the ineffectual use of using 'Ward Abbreviated Name' in custom reports, either the header title alone takes up an excessive wide column space or the header title becomes a long skinny column header.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kh_design wrote:I would like to see the word Abbreviated to be Abbreviated (Abv.) in reports.

For example, when I create custom reports in the Stake MLS I select 'Abbreviated Ward Name' (this would allow me to add other information on the custom report without having the full ward name taking up a lot of space, we have two and three digit abbreviations for each of the wards).

Here is the irony, the column's header is labeled 'Abbreviated Ward Name', now you can see the ineffectual use of using 'Abbreviated Ward Name' in custom reports, either the header title alone takes up an excessive wide column space or the header title becomes a long skinny column header.
Actually, it's a bit worse than you say -- the column is "Ward/Branch Abbreviated Name", which is even longer :(.

I would vote for the column heading being changed to "Unit", which would much better match the typical width (in our stake, we use two letter/digit abbreviations.

Or, better yet, allow the column headings to be customized. You would still select the columns by using the complete descriptions that are used now, but you would have the option of changing the heading to be whatever you want. Then, for example, you could rename "Address - Street 1" to be "Street Address", "Primary Phone Number" to be "Phone", etc.
kh_design

You have a better memory

Post by kh_design »

Yes, Alan_Brown, you have a better memory than I do.
garysturn

Post by garysturn »

And an excellent Idea.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”