Help in Finding the Calendar SetUp Wizard to transfer to new Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kentgodfrey

Help in Finding the Calendar SetUp Wizard to transfer to new Calendar

Post by kentgodfrey »

I want to tranfer events over from the Classic Calendar to the New Calendar. I have read the material but can't find the options >Calendar Setup Wizard on the old Calendar. I can't find it on the new one either incidentally. I would like the setup sizard to transfer the events for me so I don't need to redo them all for 2012.
Kent Godfrey
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The new calendar help has a one page Setup Guide. In it are the basic instructions for importing the classic calendar events into the new calendar. More detailed instructions are found in Importing and Migrating Calendars.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kentgodfrey wrote:I want to tranfer events over from the Classic Calendar to the New Calendar. I have read the material but can't find the options >Calendar Setup Wizard on the old Calendar. I can't find it on the new one either incidentally. I would like the setup wizard to transfer the events for me so I don't need to redo them all for 2012.

There is no setup wizard on the old Calendar -- that's why you can't find it there. There definitely is a setup wizard on the new Calendar. It's under Settings > Setup & Import. If you can't see it there, it's because you don't have permissions to see it. That is almost certainly because you don't have the correct standard calling entered into MLS for you. Talk to your ward or stake clerk (you didn't mention which level calendar you are working on). If the bishopric or stake president approves, you could be set up as a Website Administrator (or Stake Website Administrator), which would give you permission to access the Setup Wizard.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kentgodfrey

Post by kentgodfrey »

Thanks to both of you for your advice. I will follow your directions.
Kent Godfrey

Return to “Calendar”