Calendar 2.0 Bug List

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mnmpeterson

Calendar 2.0 Bug List

Post by mnmpeterson »

Thought I would compile a list of bugs I've come across in V2.0:
  1. Some events ported from V1 cannot be edited or deleted.
  2. Create a repeating event for "Yearly by specific date". The default "Occurs Every" date is one day past the day of the event. Should be the same day as the event
  3. Subscribed Calendars list does not sort alphabetically. I believe it used to sort in V1.
  4. The list of subscribed locations extends below the calendar. It sometimes gets cut off so you can't see the Settings link.
  5. Reservations calendars only available for Buildings.
  6. Reservations calendars do not display blocked times for calendar events (only reservations for units).
  7. When creating an event by clicking on a date in the calendar it initially shows a small dialog to enter the event name and select the calendar. The resulting event time defaults to the current time (nearest hour). It should probably default to an all-day event. How often do you ever enter an event in the calendar that happens to start at the current time?
These are just what I remember from working with the calendar for a few hours this morning. If there is a better place to post bug reports let us know. It's going to be a great system once they get all the kinks worked out.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Explanation, or asking for more info:

1. Can you (or anyone else who has this problem) get me the event ID for some of these events you can't edit or delete? See below for instructions.
2. Thanks for the report, this is logged. Might not get fixed soon, as it's a lower priority than some of the other bugs we are working on.
3. Same as #2.
4. Will be fixed soon.
5. Not sure what you mean here. Can you explain more? Perhaps give an example.
6. Logged.
7. This is as designed. The week view is a more precise way of creating events through the quick create popup.

Thanks for the good summary.

Instructions for getting event ID's
- Install the Firefox add-on Firebug
- Open Firebug, click the Console tab, click the 'Enable' link
- Click on the event in question
- Click the 'View details' link
- In Firebug, look for the URL lds.org/church-calendar/services/lucrs/evt/#####
- The numbers at the end are the event ID's
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

jdcr256 wrote: 5. Not sure what you mean here. Can you explain more? Perhaps give an example.
The only locations that appear in the list of available locations on the Reservations tab are the meetinghouses that were created automatically. Our stake has a Ball Field location I created. It is set to be scheduled by wards and stakes but it does not appear in the list of Available Locations. Even if I try setting it as a Meetinghouse it still doesn't appear in the list.
jdcr256 wrote: Thanks for the good summary.

Instructions for getting event ID's
- Install the Firefox add-on Firebug
- Open Firebug, click the Console tab, click the 'Enable' link
- Click on the event in question
- Click the 'View details' link
- In Firebug, look for the URL lds.org/church-calendar/services/lucrs/evt/#####
- The numbers at the end are the event ID's
You don't need Firebug to get the event ID. When you view the event details the event is in the URL in the address bar. For example:
https://lds.org/church-calendar/event.j ... index.jsp&eventId=#####
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

jdcr256 wrote: 7. This is as designed. The week view is a more precise way of creating events through the quick create popup.

Wish list item: Make the quick crate popup only occur in the week view and the details page come up from the month view.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mnmpeterson wrote:The only locations that appear in the list of available locations on the Reservations tab are the meetinghouses that were created automatically. Our stake has a Ball Field location I created. It is set to be scheduled by wards and stakes but it does not appear in the list of Available Locations. Even if I try setting it as a Meetinghouse it still doesn't appear in the list.

I wonder what's different for you. I created a custom location (and enabled it for scheduling), and it immediately appeared in the Available Locations list. However, I don't have any custom locations that went through the migration process, so I suppose it's possible that your issues are somehow related to the data migration. Have you tried to create a new location to see if it works properly?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mnmpeterson wrote:Wish list item: Make the quick create popup only occur in the week view and the details page come up from the month view.
+1. I have never, ever been able to use the quick create popup in month view. It would take amazing luck for it to ever be useful, because the time is pretty much guaranteed to be wrong. So it is just an extra step that wastes time.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

aebrown wrote:I wonder what's different for you. I created a custom location (and enabled it for scheduling), and it immediately appeared in the Available Locations list. However, I don't have any custom locations that went through the migration process, so I suppose it's possible that your issues are somehow related to the data migration. Have you tried to create a new location to see if it works properly?
Figured it out. I am not set as a building scheduler for the Ball Field but I am set as a scheduler for the two buildings that appear in the list. Makes sense now. I shouldn't be a scheduler for the other building -- better take my name off the list.

PS: If you add/remove yourself as a scheduler of a building and then click the Reservations tab you'll need to refresh the page to see changes in the Available Locations list.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

mnmpeterson wrote:Wish list item: Make the quick crate popup only occur in the week view and the details page come up from the month view.

+1 here too. Just doesn't make sense to have a create popup if you can't specify the time. i.e. like google calendar.

Return to “Calendar”