MLS 3.4.1 Finance Functionality Temporarily Unavailable

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
LakeyTW

MLS 3.4.1 Finance Functionality Temporarily Unavailable

Post by LakeyTW »

We began receiving this message today when we try and access most finance options in MLS. We are unable to view the budget, input or view expenses or process donations. Is anyone else experiencing this? It looks like they prematurely disabled this functionality today rather than tomorrow.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

LakeyTW wrote:We began receiving this message today when we try and access most finance options in MLS. We are unable to view the budget, input or view expenses or process donations. Is anyone else experiencing this? It looks like they prematurely disabled this functionality today rather than tomorrow.
Hmm. I didn't notice this today. Did you double check your system clock to make sure it is at 16 October 2011, and the correct time (including am/pm)?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

I've had this message all week, even on a system where I restored the other system's backup for testing, and even with a backup from the week before that so it almost seems like it's been coming for a while or MLS 3.4.1 implemented it until it saw a specific change come through. Anyway, the message states to do a Send/Receive to work past it which I'm currently doing (been going for fifty minutes now, and the clock on the bottom estimates another 5.5 hours). Hopefully this is just the Sunday traffic slowing me down because I REALLY need to get a report for the Stake Young Women today.

When going through the 3.4.1 upgrade stuff I saw bits about doing several Send/Receives, and being sure to be on 3.4.1 (which I have been since it was available for download), but I did not see anything about Financial functionality being blocked. It'd be nice if this were in bigger/bolder letters next time it happens.
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

The transfer finished... took about two hours in total (one hour after my previous post). After that I still received the same message about getting to the financial data. Did a Send/Receive again and still no luck. Did one more (third time's the charm, three is a number over and over in the scriptures, etc.) and finally saw some updates to financial data and then MLS forced me to logout. I had to kill a few stuck-open 'Updating Membership' dialog boxes from the same Send/Receive process but after logging back in I can now get to the Financial section of MLS properly.

On another note, while I was typing it one of our branch clerks came in and said he's sent/received about six times and still cannot get in. I hope this is just because the HQ computers are backed up and it will start working later or early tomorrow but while I was perhaps lucky with the number three he is not able to get things working after six. Just FYI.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”