Ability to Edit Ward Member E-mail Addresses in the Directory at Home

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
shspackman

Post by shspackman »

RussellHltn wrote:I assume your quoting that from somewhere. I do find this:

So according to the documentation, you should be able to.

That is true. My problem is that after checking everything suggested by Ryan Jones, and verifying the correct parameters on CDOL and policy-ldspositions, I am still able to do nothing.

Would it work to have the ward clerk erase me from MLS and them add me again in a few days? (Don't really want to try that option) Suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think we need confirmation that the ward admin has this power. It could be a documentation error.

If you have "expanded powers" then it's clear the website knows you're an admin. It would seem very odd if you only got some of the admin's powers.

The ultimate answer might be to have you called to be an assistant clerk. (After all, it's typically clerks that update phone numbers, etc.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:I think we need confirmation that the ward admin has this power. It could be a documentation error.
It is either a documentation error or a bug. I don't know which is correct.
shspackman wrote: Would it work to have the ward clerk erase me from MLS and them add me again in a few days? (Don't really want to try that option) Suggestions?

RussellHltn wrote: If you have "expanded powers" then it's clear the website knows you're an admin. It would seem very odd if you only got some of the admin's powers.
You are clearly in the system the 'correctly'. Removing your calling and re-adding it wouldn't change that.
For now you have all the admin powers you're going to have. If it is a bug then leaving your calling as it is will give you the rights when it is fixed. If it is a documentation error then you will have to have a clerk edit them for you or get called as an assistant clerk.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

RussellHltn wrote:I think we need confirmation that the ward admin has this power. It could be a documentation error.

If you have "expanded powers" then it's clear the website knows you're an admin. It would seem very odd if you only got some of the admin's powers.

I'm pretty sure that jdcr256 is one of the developers for the directory. I know he works on the calendar. So if he says the web site administrator doesn't have rights to edit the profile, I expect he's right.

It does make some sense to me as well. The web site administrator has rights to edit those things that affect the web site only (photos, opt-in) but only clerks and bishopric members have rights to edit things that actually change the membership record.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

In this case the documentation is incorrect. I have submitted a request to have the documentation updated. The roles for ward/stake website admins have rights to view opted out info in their units (e.g ward web admins can see opted out info for their ward only, stake web admins can see opted out info for their whole stake), and ward web admins have rights to approve and manage photos.

Neither role has rights to edit other household profiles beyond their own.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:In this case the documentation is incorrect.

Thanks for clarifying that and submitting the request.

It does make sense. Admins didn't have that right under the old Classic LUWS either.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shspackman

Post by shspackman »

RussellHltn wrote:Thanks for clarifying that and submitting the request.

It does make sense. Admins didn't have that right under the old Classic LUWS either.

Thanks, I'll let my bishop know that my assignment reverts back to the ward clerk.
jackiegooding

Re: Ability to Edit Ward Member E-mail Addresses in the Directory at Home

Post by jackiegooding »

I was looking at my information in the ward list. My email is [removed]
I also saw a lock on my information. I never requested this. How do I fix this.

I want to update my picture also.
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ability to Edit Ward Member E-mail Addresses in the Directory at Home

Post by russellhltn »

jackiegooding wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:53 pm I was looking at my information in the ward list. My email is [removed]
Unless you're a child, you should be able to edit it

If you're on the web page, click on your name and look for the circular pencil icon in the lower right.

jackiegooding wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:53 pmI also saw a lock on my information. I never requested this. How do I fix this.
The "lock" icon simply means at least some of your information has a privacy setting more restrictive than "entire stake". This is a warning to those who have access to your information that it's restricted.

You can check/change that information by clicking on the pencil icon and going into "Visibility".

jackiegooding wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:53 pmI want to update my picture also.
Click on the pencil icon and select "Photo".

Return to “Main Church Website”