Bishop can't sign LUFAS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JessenHobson

Bishop can't sign LUFAS

Post by JessenHobson »

Is there any reason that a Bishop should not be able to sign the financial audit electronically? The Bishop is listed as the Bishop in MLS and CDOL (of course). Is there something that needs to be modified at the ward level? Where does LUFAS look to give authority to sign the audit?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bobisahofferer wrote:Is there any reason that a Bishop should not be able to sign the financial audit electronically? The Bishop is listed as the Bishop in MLS and CDOL (of course). Is there something that needs to be modified at the ward level? Where does LUFAS look to give authority to sign the audit?
If the bishop is listed in MLS and CDOL (which is where I think LUFAS looks), he should be able to sign the audit, as long as his LDSAccount is tied to the correct membership record number.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

We were told in our training Wednesday night that local units in Utah and Idaho cannot yet use LUFAS.
JessenHobson

Post by JessenHobson »

lajackson wrote:If the bishop is listed in MLS and CDOL (which is where I think LUFAS looks), he should be able to sign the audit, as long as his LDSAccount is tied to the correct membership record number.
Thank you for the response. So, here is a follow-up question that may be for another thread. CDOL updates automatically from MLS, right? Your response gave me the impression that CDOL is populated from somewhere else. Now that we have started using the new directory for the LUWS, I want to make sure that the only thing I need to update is MLS. Thanks!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

bobisahofferer wrote:Thank you for the response. So, here is a follow-up question that may be for another thread. CDOL updates automatically from MLS, right? Your response gave me the impression that CDOL is populated from somewhere else. Now that we have started using the new directory for the LUWS, I want to make sure that the only thing I need to update is MLS. Thanks!
Yes, CDOL gets its updates from MLS. For a bishop it is from the stake MLS in the Local Unit Change Request section. All other ward callings are from the ward MLS.
StephanBill

Is this for a non-english unit

Post by StephanBill »

We had the same problem. Our units are either french or spanish. None of our bishops could login.

The workaround was to change the language to english after they logged in and then they were able to sign it.

I reported the error several months ago.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”