Website NOT in sync with MLS

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
imcurtis

Website NOT in sync with MLS

Post by imcurtis »

I have gone through our local MLS copy several times to insure that the callings list is correct and current. Most of those changes have populated the website. But there are many duplicates and some of the deleted callings in the local copy do not delete from the website.

Is this a known issue? What can I do to sync the two?
kisaac
Community Moderators

fixing errors in callings

Post by kisaac »

imcurtis wrote:I have gone through our local MLS copy several times to insure that the callings list is correct and current. Most of those changes have populated the website. But there are many duplicates and some of the deleted callings in the local copy do not delete from the website.

Is this a known issue? What can I do to sync the two?
Welcome to the forum imcurtis. I believe there are other instances of deleted MLS callings continuing to show up in lds.org directory listings, and so it is "known issue." Please see the first few posts in THIS THREAD on errors dealing with callings data that persisted across MLS, CDOL (church directory of Leaders) and LDS.org, and how to fix them.

It's a bit dated in its link references, but if I understand it, look at your wards data as showing in CDOL and compare that data to what it should be in your MLS callings. It may be an error in CDOL that needs to be corrected. You can't do it, so send feedback:
For now the best way to get it cleaned up is to send feedback via CDOL of which positions should be deleted.
Does this help?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Clerks can now fix duplicate callings in CDOL

Post by jonesrk »

The good news is that clerks can now fix this for themselves. The steps are:
  1. Be on MLS 3.3
  2. From MLS do a 'Request Unit Refresh Data...'. (this will include a callings refresh request)
  3. After waiting for CDOL to process the request (usually within 15 minutes), do a send/receive to get the refresh.
    1. This will remove all of your callings and replace them with the data from CDOL.
    2. You may want to print out a report like members with callings to refer back to.
  4. Cleanup any duplicates and incorrect callings.
    1. MLS 3.3 will now allow you to see duplicates even in the leadership section.
Good luck.
imcurtis

Post by imcurtis »

Ah!!
I wondered if that would work but I can't get the dl to work. I went to the www.lds.org and entered my unit number as un and the super secrete password but I can't get logged in. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

imcurtis wrote:I went to the www.lds.org and entered my unit number as un and the super secrete password but I can't get logged in. Any ideas?
If you're trying to download mls, use mls.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

imcurtis wrote:Ah!!
I wondered if that would work but I can't get the dl to work. I went to the www.lds.org and entered my unit number as un and the super secrete password but I can't get logged in. Any ideas?
Full instructions for downloading MLS are on the wiki at MLS download site.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
imcurtis

Post by imcurtis »

Perfect. Got it now. thanks for all your help
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

JonesRK wrote:The good news is that clerks can now fix this for themselves. The steps are:

1. Be on MLS 3.3
  2. From MLS do a 'Request Unit Refresh Data...'. (this will include a callings refresh request)
  3. After waiting for CDOL to process the request (usually within 15 minutes), do a send/receive to get the refresh.
    1. This will remove all of your callings and replace them with the data from CDOL.
    2. You may want to print out a report like members with callings to refer back to.
  4. Cleanup any duplicates and incorrect callings.
    1. MLS 3.3 will now allow you to see duplicates even in the leadership section.
Good luck.

I don't know if other clerks have done this, but we had an inconsistency with our MLS and LDS.org directory (CDOL.) We knew we had one calling we changed but CDOL wouldn't update. We did the process above to fix it, and the "unit refresh" brought up two more issues and some blank callings that we had not noticed. All are now correct on both our MLS and lds.org directory (and CDOL.) Thanks MLS 3.3 and CDOL developers! We like problems we can fix ourselves!

I suggest everyone check your MLS callings line-by-line with cdol-

PS: I did a backup first. Make sure you print your MLS callings before your unit refresh, and compare it line-by-line with a second MLS print-out of your callings list after your unit refresh!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kisaac wrote:Thanks MLS 3.3 and CDOL developers!
You're welcome.
kisaac wrote:We like problems we can fix ourselves!
We like problems you can fix too. It's really hard for us to know which bishopric 1st counselor to keep when there are duplicates :)
kennethrawlins

Post by kennethrawlins »

I serve in a YSA ward which used to have 2 Elders Quorums; we have since deleted the second quorum, but cannot get 3 callings (and therefore the second quorum) to be removed from online.

I have used the 'Request Unit Refresh Data...' feature several times and did have some callings come through that we did not know we had, but the second Elders Quorum and the 3 phantom callings will not come back. They show up online, but not in our MLS.

Any ideas?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”