Whodunnit!?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nutterb

Whodunnit!?

Post by nutterb »

On the new calendar, is it possible to tell who created and/or modified an event? I have a couple that I don't think I added, but I can't be too sure.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nutterb wrote:On the new calendar, is it possible to tell who created and/or modified an event? I have a couple that I don't think I added, but I can't be too sure.
The one place I know of where the creator of an event is displayed is on the conflicts (hard or potential) screen. It seems a bit silly that the only way to find this information would be to create an event at the same time as the event in question and look at the potential conflicts, but at least that's one way. I know of no way to see who modified an event.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Needed Calendar Fetaure: Show event submitters name as "contact" for the event.

Post by kisaac »

nutterb wrote:On the new calendar, is it possible to tell who created and/or modified an event? I have a couple that I don't think I added, but I can't be too sure.
This will be a needed feature, and I'll submit it via feedback as we all should. It should show the submitter for the details of the event, or at least require a "contact" be entered for each event.

It's not just when you do conflict checking that you need to know who put the event on the calendar. Sometimes I want to ask the submitter to enter more details in the description, or question if a time or date in in error, or the bishopric would like to "mediate" some events time or date with other things happening, but there is no "workable" way to find submitter information. (aebrown, yes, very silly to submit a conflicting dummy event just so it will show the submitters name!)

Perhaps adding a "submitter" line, or a "contact" individual that pulls up with the event description is all that's needed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:It seems a bit silly that the only way to find this information would be to create an event at the same time as the event in question and look at the potential conflicts, but at least that's one way.

Particularly since that functionality exists in the classic LUWS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”