MLS 3.3 beta

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

rwinterton wrote:when they try to open some membership records, a window pops up indicating that "An Error Occurred". When I went to check it out, I discovered that they had version 3.3 installed! Our stake is not supposed to be on any beta versions. I called SLC and they pointed me to the beta site and suggested that I download and reinstall MLS 3.3, which I am doing as I write this.

In other words, if you want the beta, call SLC and let them point you to it. Otherwise, there is a reason why they call it Beta and you may not want to know those reasons.
Did that fix the error? I have been on 3.3 for a couple months and have never had a problem viewing membership records. I had one incident where this occured with financial records just after the CUBS conversion. Further investigation lead to the discovery that our database was corrupted and had to be completely rebuilt by one of the programmers.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Our stake computer now has 3.3, and no one claims to have installed it. There is the normal message about it in MLS that you get when a new version is released. Does this mean we are a beta test site, unknown to us?

We don't have Windows 7 so don't need it, and it messed up our Ward Tools export, but there are a couple new features we have found useful.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hemismith wrote:Our stake computer now has 3.3, and no one claims to have installed it. There is the normal message about it in MLS that you get when a new version is released. Does this mean we are a beta test site, unknown to us?

We don't have Windows 7 so don't need it, and it messed up our Ward Tools export, but there are a couple new features we have found useful.

MLS 3.3 was offered last month as an optional download. It appears in our stake that everyone took the option, as all of our stake machines now have it.

We were told that in January it will be pushed formally (i.e., no longer an option), but that it is optional for now so that it will not interfere with tithing settlement for those who do not wish to deal with it at this time.

MLS 3.3 has some significant changes, including the ability to operate on Windows 7, and replacement computers are being delivered with that operating system already, so CHQ made 3.3 available mainly for that reason, I believe.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

hemismith wrote:... it messed up our Ward Tools export, but there are a couple new features we have found useful.
You may want to see DJC's posts in this thread (#24 & 27).
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

OK, thanks!
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”