Ordering new checks

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
stott-p40

Ordering new checks

Post by stott-p40 »

I've noticed that with the last checks we have received, there was not an ordering form for future checks. I emailed mls support and they said to check wiki. I did a search on wiki and came up with no response. So how are we to order new checks?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
stott-p40

Post by stott-p40 »

kd7mha

As I mentioned, there was no reorder form in our last batch of checks. So am I to understand that once we are down to our last 50 checks, the church will automatically send a new batch? I would hate to wait a few weeks for checks and they don't come.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stott wrote:As I mentioned, there was no reorder form in our last batch of checks. So am I to understand that once we are down to our last 50 checks, the church will automatically send a new batch? I would hate to wait a few weeks for checks and they don't come.
Yes, that is the procedure that has been announced quite a while ago. In the thread that kd7mha linked to, you can see that several clerks confirmed that this process does indeed work and the new check stock is received automatically.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

And I'll confirm here. We just received a new batch of checks in the stake office w/o having to place an order. That also happened when I was a ward clerk as well over 2 years ago.
smooth-p40

Phone number for followup

Post by smooth-p40 »

We are down to 20 checks and we had even called and reordered checks weeks ago. We can't seem to find the number we called. Does anyone know what number to call to followup on a missing check order. Thank You!
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

LUS: 1-800-453-3860, extension 23500 or, if local, 801-240-3500
option 2: Questions regarding finances
then option 3: reorder deposit slips, deposit bags, checks and church unit endorsement stamps

Checks are mailed directly to the bishop/stake president using the address from the CDOL. Maybe double check that the address is correct there?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Wish this auto re ordering thing worked with stationary but then again how would anyone know how much we used.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”