Cleaning up the office

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kditty-p40

Cleaning up the office

Post by kditty-p40 »

This seems like an easy question, i just don't know where to go. Recently called as ward clerk and I am trying to clean up our office. We have a ton of old church manuals, pamphlets, and fliers. Along with a bunch of VHS instructional tapes.

Just wondering if there is a set guideline or list of current curriculum in the church, so i can take anything outdated to DI. For example, we have a ton of the old gospel principles book. Now that the new book has been issued for instruction, i believe i can take all the old copies out. Just need some way of knowing document by document what should stay or go.

Any help?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

kditty wrote:Just wondering if there is a set guideline or list of current curriculum in the church, so i can take anything outdated to DI. For example, we have a ton of the old gospel principles book. Now that the new book has been issued for instruction, i believe i can take all the old copies out. Just need some way of knowing document by document what should stay or go.

This Instructions for Curriculum 2010 publication probably has most of what you want but it looks like it's out of stock at ldscatalog.com. But your ward should have received several copies at the end of last year so you might find it in your office or a bishopric member or the Sunday School president might have one.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

eblood66 wrote:This Instructions for Curriculum 2010 publication probably has most of what you want but it looks like it's out of stock at ldscatalog.com.
There is a PDF version of Instructions for Curriculum.
kditty-p40

Post by kditty-p40 »

Thank you, thank you.
CM7316-p40

Post by CM7316-p40 »

I'm not sure about clerk's offices, but the guidelines for the church library are to toss anything older than 10 years. I believe that is in Book 2.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Seeing that you are in Utah, you should be able to return many items to Distribution Services. In my past clerk experience, I returned many old manuals and received a credit to the ward for the returned items.

I'm sure they have a limit to what they will give credit for, but I'd rather take that chance, then let Distribution Services do the recycling of out-of-date material.

This has also been discussed previously here and here with other ideas.
nerd455

Re: Cleaning up the office

Post by nerd455 »

Under the Sunday School section on the Church website, there is a page on what to do.

https://www.lds.org/callings/sunday-sch ... s?lang=eng

Return to “General Discussions”