Photo upload now available to all in beta

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

allen.blodgett wrote:I was just on the photo directory and noticed that my ward is not complete it ends in the middle of the C's and there isn't a next button
This sounds like you haven't pulled the page down far enough to see the pull-down for advancing the directory. You should be seeing two pull-downs. One for the directory and another for the site page itself.

The directory is working properly for me. If you continue having problems, try flushing your browser cache and cookies and try again.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

allen.blodgett wrote:I was just on the photo directory and noticed that my ward is not complete it ends in the middle of the C's and there isn't a next button
Techgy wrote:If you continue having problems, try flushing your browser cache and cookies and try again.
I had a problem similar to allen.blodgett: the Member Photos view stopped somewhere in the Gs with no visible way to continue. I cleared my browser cache and cookies and that fixed it for me.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jdcr256 wrote:This square photo was a design decision that I have been fighting from the beginning. The answer I am always given is that since the square photo (the smallest one) is only used for individuals, then individuals will just have to upload their photos cropped to squares.
Since you're already processing the photo (resizing) as part of the upload process, why not prompt the user to crop the photo if it doesn't have the correct aspect ratio?
gurpilak

Post by gurpilak »

I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I haven't been able to find the answer. Will all of these pictures that we upload carry over once this is moved from beta to production? Otherwise, I don't know how much effort I will put into uploading the pictures of all the ward members.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gurpilak wrote:I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I haven't been able to find the answer. Will all of these pictures that we upload carry over once this is moved from beta to production? Otherwise, I don't know how much effort I will put into uploading the pictures of all the ward members.
I'm sure the data will indeed be preserved. The software is still in beta, but the data is live.

A similar question was asked about the beta calendar, and the answer was that the data would be preserved:
Joel Dehlin wrote:Yes, data entered into the calendar Beta will stay there when the new calendar moves to production.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cordesa

Directory Printout in Columns with Photos

Post by cordesa »

I discovered the beta.lds.org/directory tonight. Fantastic work! :)

In the current LUWS - we are able to print off a directory with Photos. The current LUWS directory is :eek: at best.

In my last ward we created an MSaccess database - using an export from MLS and individual photos to create a multi column directory with the photo and member information. Wondering if this will be a feature of the new directory site?

PhotoDIR.jpg - really small screenshot of what a full page with photos looked like for our ward.
PhotoDIRdetails - shows the details that were under the photo. Those are my details there... :cool:

Hope that is useful. I know that these directories are especially useful in the YSA wards - where Bishoprics are tracking 200+ individuals. The photo directories are invaluable to them.
Attachments
PhotoDIR.jpg
PhotoDIR.jpg (53.19 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
PhotoDIRdetails.jpg
PhotoDIRdetails.jpg (20.49 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

cordesa wrote: In my last ward we created an MSaccess database - using an export from MLS and individual photos to create a multi column directory with the photo and member information. Wondering if this will be a feature of the new directory site?
You can show a grid of member photos with name and phone number by clicking the link Member Photos on the left. The photos are larger than the layout you posted and do not have the address, but it is a start.... Also printing from the beta directory doesn't seem to be fully activated yet, so I don't know if you would be able to print from this grid...
LTORDUSA1-p40

I can upload

Post by LTORDUSA1-p40 »

The past week or so I am now able to upload photos. Thanks.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

zaneclark wrote:Also printing from the beta directory doesn't seem to be fully activated yet, so I don't know if you would be able to print from this grid...
Correct, printing still needs a lot of work. The requirement we are working toward is the ability to print whatever is currently in your view. E.g. if you are viewing the photo directory for your ward, clicking the print button in the app will allow you to print that photo directory, if you are viewing the leadership directory for another ward, clicking the print button will allow you to print that ward's leadership directory, and so on.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”