calendar printing errors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:What may appear to some of us as high priority may be low on the development team's priority list. All we can do is offer patience.
I'd phrase that a bit differently. I'm not sure as the developers have the latitude to set the priority.

The developer's "customer" is the Priesthood Department - not us. The PD's priority list isn't necessarily our priority list. We have no idea what else the developers are working on for the church. It may be behind the scenes and it may be critical for the new year. We have no idea.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Thanks Russell for adding that clarification. That is exactly what I was thinking but did not transmit in my brief wording.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
cobbelainef1

Printing issues

Post by cobbelainef1 »

My Stake clerk brought me the calendars for 2013. I had already entered as much information as I have been given. He had handwritten new items. Most of them were already on the calendars but when they were printed out they did not show. It doesn't matter if there are 2 item or more, most of the missing info is random and it doesn't matter how many items were entered. I'm not very computer savvy and I don't have the time to keep checking and re-entering items. Does anyone have the answer? I have read all the replys - nothing makes sense. HELP!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cobbelainef1 wrote:I have read all the replys - nothing makes sense. HELP!
There is nothing you can do. Not with the built-in printing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

As far as I have been able to determine, the events that do not print have the exact same start and end time as events that do print. As a possible workaround, you may consider changing the end time of these events by one minute. The drop down lets you select in 15 minute increments, but you can type in a different time.

For example, if you have two events that go from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, you might change one of them to end at 8:29 pm or 8:31 pm. I have not tested this, but it seems to me that it would work. Granted, it would be a royal pain, and this does not solve the problem of all day events, which seem to suffer from the same printing problem. For those, you would have to assign a time.

But if you are desperate, this may be one way to work around the problem for now.
cdurney

Post by cdurney »

lajackson wrote:As far as I have been able to determine, the events that do not print have the exact same start and end time as events that do print. As a possible workaround, you may consider changing the end time of these events by one minute. The drop down lets you select in 15 minute increments, but you can type in a different time.

Thanks for the good tip. I found that changing the ending times does not work, but changing the beginning times by 1 minute does work. But that has the disadvantage that the printed events look strange; for example, one beginning at 6 pm and the next one at 6:01 pm. I found, however, that changing the seconds of the beginning times does work. For example, the first event begins at 6:00 pm, the next one at 6:00:01 pm, the next at 6:00:02 pm, etc. Just type these into the beginning time slot. The printed copy shows all these beginning at 6 pm, and all the events are printed. Also, the events will be ordered in the calendar according to the beginning times in seconds. It took me less than an hour to modify the events with the same beginning times for a whole year in my stake calendar by adding seconds appropriately to the beginning times.

I haven't found a solution to having two all-day events on the same day, except to specify a beginning time for one of them.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cdurney wrote:Thanks for the good tip. . . .
I found, however, that changing the seconds of the beginning times does work.

Thank you for the excellent sleuthing. I did not realize you could change the seconds on the beginning time, and it has the added advantage of ordering the items in a way you desire.

Alas, all-day events, by definition, still start at the same time and are affected by the printing glitch.
howlettgs

Printer errors from PDF

Post by howlettgs »

jdlessley wrote:For the time being, until the fix is released, we all have to deal with the same limitation. The development team has limited resources and use a priority list for their work schedule. What may appear to some of us as high priority may be low on the development team's priority list. All we can do is offer patience.
I can be patient.
Our computers do so much for us that we get used to it, then we think we have a right to become frustrated when they don't do it for us anymore.
We are constantly feeling elated when some new capability is introduced, but we still know how to do it in the old way. I knew from the beginning that creating a separate event for each volunteer scheduled to work in the FHC was a stretch of the calendar's design.
The nice thing about this help thread is that I now know what's going on. Thanks
bowdenfam

Seconds work, but not two all-day events

Post by bowdenfam »

cdurney wrote:Thanks for the good tip. I found that changing the ending times does not work, but changing the beginning times by 1 minute does work. But that has the disadvantage that the printed events look strange; for example, one beginning at 6 pm and the next one at 6:01 pm. I found, however, that changing the seconds of the beginning times does work. For example, the first event begins at 6:00 pm, the next one at 6:00:01 pm, the next at 6:00:02 pm, etc. Just type these into the beginning time slot. The printed copy shows all these beginning at 6 pm, and all the events are printed. Also, the events will be ordered in the calendar according to the beginning times in seconds. It took me less than an hour to modify the events with the same beginning times for a whole year in my stake calendar by adding seconds appropriately to the beginning times.

I haven't found a solution to having two all-day events on the same day, except to specify a beginning time for one of them.

Thanks for the idea on adding seconds to the start time. That now allows those events to show when printing. I have no idea how to solve two all-day events and don't want to put a "start time" on something like "Fast Sunday" and a "TFOT Lesson." I guess we have a solution for same time events, but will wait on a fix for all-day events. It's so odd that it worked fine, then around Nov 16th or 17th something got changed that caused it to stop working. Hope they can figure out what changed and change it back!
GaronSandall

Post by GaronSandall »

This is not an "issue", it is a PROBLEM.

Return to “Calendar”