MLS 3.5 - Primary teacher callings disappearing and duplicating

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jaredlbingham

Post by jaredlbingham »

Hello,

Having a hard time determining if the following is a bug or a "feature."

As per the instructions that came with the 3.5 upgrade, I have been reassigning our Primary teachers to their classes today. All of my Primary teachers were listed under "other callings" under the "Primary" (first) tab of the Organizations-> Primary screen, with a blank in the Class column. I edited each line and selected the right class from the popup menu. As I finished this task I scrolled the list back up and noticed that all the callings I had just edited had vanished. I only had the non-teacher callings (Cub leaders, music leaders, etc) remaining in that list.

I initially thought that MLS had somehow just lost the data due to a bug. I then re-created all the callings one at a time from the same screen. Fortunately I had all the names, dates, and data on a printout from pre-upgrade. After re-creating the callings, I then looked at the Class Members screen and noticed that I now had two of every teacher calling. I assume that when I thought the callings had disappeared, they had just been moved to be viewed only from the Class Members screen. I'm not sure if this is intentional by the developers or not.

I now assume I need to delete one copy of each calling but don't know which one I should delete. I assume that depending on which copy I delete, it will either disappear from the main organization screen or not. If it disappears then there is no way to see the teacher callings from that screen as there always has been. Is this intended? What should I do from here?
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

This happened to me as well - for both Primary and Sunday School. When you assign the teacher to a class, they vanish from the organization's screen and printout under "Other Callings".

Also, after adding the class, the correct calling shows for that member when you look at the member's individual record; however, when you view the Members With Callings report, that member is not listed.

Hopefully additional send/receives will correct this issue...?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mwgrover wrote:This happened to me as well - for both Primary and Sunday School. When you assign the teacher to a class, they vanish from the organization's screen and printout under "Other Callings".

Also, after adding the class, the correct calling shows for that member when you look at the member's individual record; however, when you view the Members With Callings report, that member is not listed.

Hopefully additional send/receives will correct this issue...?

Do they show up if you look at the individual class in MLS? That's what happens in the Clerk's Resources lists on-line (at least for my ward). They disappear from the Other Callings but they show up as teachers in the specific class organization. I haven't had a chance to look at how they show up in MLS for our ward.

They do show up in the Members With Callings report online for me as well. Again I haven't had a chance to check in MLS.
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

Yes, they are listed under the Members With Callings report on lds.org/leader. Looks like it is only fouled up in MLS itself.
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

Just an update, I placed a call to the Global Services Center about this issue. They were unable to resolve it during our phone call, so they said they would escalate it and call me back.
HansG

Post by HansG »

This is happening to me too, with callings in the primary organization. I haven't tried other organizations yet. And on LDS.ORG, the members of the primary presidency continue to be listed twice. That has been going on for a few weeks now.
jstamps

Post by jstamps »

This just happened to me this morning.
While cleaning-up our custom positions, about half of my standard positions disapeared from the "Other Callings" list in Primary. Those individuals do still show the callings under their individual membership records, and the teachers also show up on the individual class.
1968leocomeeatabite

Silmialr experience

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

My experience was similar, the callings that I had just entered vanish and sometimes duplicate. It was quiet confusing and a little frustrating.:(

I have noticed that there is two ways to navigate to the organization's & callings. they seem to have there individual features, yet do the same editing of updating callings,
  1. Across the top down menu at the top click Organization then click the organization you want to edit. this way has some extra feature that I like.
  2. Lower right hand bottom pane is the traditional way I have navigated.
Both ways seem to do the same job as far as I can determine.

Problem is that in #2 there are two identical Young Single Adult Organizations They both list the stake YSA advisers, which are from our ward. Yet in #1 above our Ward YSA advisers are listed correctly in the YSA Organization.

Shouldn't in #2 there be the 1st place for the ward YSA Organization. and the 2nd place have it say the Stake YSA organization or Calling?:)
1968leocomeeatabite

Mls process of callings update

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

Could someone explain the process of how the callings are updated and transmitted back and forth from MLS, LDS.ORG, & Church head quarters? Is there something that we should be doing to watch that it is completing the send/receive etc. I once discovered on the help drop down, click on something like show send & receive activity. I noticed that one of the buttons read failed, while most of them read success. I was wondering if this had anything to do with a couple of callings on lds.org that just would not go away. they are custome calling that I have been trying to get rid of for months.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Could someone explain the process of how the callings are updated and transmitted back and forth from MLS, LDS.ORG, & Church head quarters?
As far as I know, MLS syncs the callings with CDOL. Everything else, including the directory reads the CDOL data.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”