MLS 3.5 Rollout - Stake experience and what may be missing in the upgrade

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dongreen

MLS 3.5 Rollout - Stake experience and what may be missing in the upgrade

Post by dongreen »

On a Stake level, we had to do the send/receive and wait 30 minutes three times before the Finance portion would work.
We no longer have a Stake Sunday School Presidency nor no positions to select to add them.
Also when printing checks, stake members addresses are not being placed on the checks. Have to hand enter.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the MLS 3.5 Rollout Status thread because it addresses a different topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dongreen wrote:On a Stake level, we had to do the send/receive and wait 30 minutes three times before the Finance portion would work.

I also upgraded a stake MLS installation. But although I did probably 5 S/Rs I only had to wait 30 minutes once. In fact, the entire installation was done with everything unlocked in about 35 minutes. But I'm sure that server load and other factors can make a big difference.
dongreen wrote:We no longer have a Stake Sunday School Presidency nor no positions to select to add them.

I just noticed that today. We have a new stake Sunday School president, and when I went to that organization in stake MLS to add the new president, the section was blank. When I tried to add a position, I saw that the organization was "District Sunday School Presidency" instead of "Stake Sunday School Presidency", which explains why all the positions are blank. I checked on CDOL and saw that the Stake Sunday School Presidency is still in place, but with stake MLS misbehaving, I have no way to make changes to it.

I've thought of doing a Unit Data Refresh, but I haven't done that yet.
dongreen wrote:Also when printing checks, stake members addresses are not being placed on the checks. Have to hand enter.
That seems to be the case with payees who are not of type "Member". Unfortunately, it appears that most if not all of my payees who are member of the stake (and were clearly added as "Member" payees initially) are now of type "Member of another unit." I'm not looking forward to relinking each donor to his membership record, especially if I'm not sure the delinking won't be repeated.

But I did experiment with a couple of payees to make them of type "Member" linked to their membership record, and the address did appear again when I subsequently wrote a check to them.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

Looking at this issue now...
Ryan Gifford
MLS
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

For completeness, I saw the same thing and reported it in a duplicate thread (searching failure on my part caused that) over yonder: https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... -addresses
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

That seems to be the case with payees who are not of type "Member". Unfortunately, it appears that most if not all of my payees who are member of the stake (and were clearly added as "Member" payees initially) are now of type "Member of another unit." I'm not looking forward to relinking each donor to his membership record, especially if I'm not sure the delinking won't be repeated.

I had the same problem with one of my units, unfortunately it wouldn't let me link the donor record to the membership record and so this has been raised with MLSsupport
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

dongreen wrote:We no longer have a Stake Sunday School Presidency nor no positions to select to add them.
A fix for this has been put in today

Also when printing checks, stake members addresses are not being placed on the checks. Have to hand enter.
Looking at this unlinking issue still
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”