Copy schedule to another class?

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
preston.baxter

Copy schedule to another class?

Post by preston.baxter »

Is there a way to copy a current schedule to a new class? For example, I have built the High Priests lesson schedule for the whole year. The Elders have the same lessons, and it would be great to simply copy High Priests to Elders. Relief Society lessons are almost the same, so copying High Priests to Relief Society would get me 95% of the way done with that one.

Is this feature already available? If not, please consider this a feature request.
clintonkopotic

Post by clintonkopotic »

This is a great idea. I don't believe this is currently a feature and I don't see anything on the wiki.
mevans

Post by mevans »

This might be an interesting way to achieve something I was proposing: a lesson schedule that can be associated to one or more classes. I have Sunday School classes that should be teaching the same thing every week and I don't want to re-enter the same schedule for each class.

Pstd/RS have the same situation, although with a twist: typically the class on the first Sunday is up to the presidency to decide and may vary between organizations. Classes for Sundays 2, 3, and 4 are generally the same.

If you had either the choice to copy schedules or set up a master schedule that can be associated with more than one class, you'd still have the problem of how do you deal with variances between classes.

Yes, there are many ways to do this, but consider that I'm sure the goal is to make it simple. The concept of scheduling (in general) can get very complicated. It's probably going to be a challenge for the church to come up with something that works without it becoming so complicated that most people can't use or understand it.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”