Calendar iCal urls not working?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
glancejessup

Calendar iCal urls not working?

Post by glancejessup »

I just tried to help a friend setup his ipad to sync with his lds.org calendar. It kept failing with an error "Unable to verify account information." We get this error before and after adding lds account information. My ipad was still syncing fine. I deleted my calendar to re-add mine and it fails with the same error now and I can't get it to work again. I have done this several times on different ipads and google calendars with no errors before.

I tried to add as a Google Calendar and it fails as well. Once it failed with an error saying it wasn't in the correct format the other time it appeared to hang saying "Importing calendar from url..."

I even tried to simply export the contents as an ics file as mentioned in the "Export an iCal file" section on https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Syncing_with_ ... _calendars at that didn't work. I used Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome and all simply continuously redirect to the https://www.lds.org/SSOSignIn/ screen.

I clicked the "Generate new sync urls" and tried with the new url and got the same failures.

For completeness I should clearly state that I have had a google calendar and ipad calendar syncing just fine for months with no issues and it appears to even sync and update with items added on lds.org today. When I deleted and attempted to re-add I can't re-add it.

Has anyone had any similar problems? Am I missing some simple step? Does anyone know if something has changed?

Thanks,
Lance
luke.mace

Post by luke.mace »

I am having the same issue today. Anyone found anything?
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

This appears to be happening on a general scale for the calendar meaning it's affecting everyone. The url used to retrieve sync information should not require authentication. I'm working with our network team to get this cleared up.
charles.r.douglas

Google Calendar not syncing...

Post by charles.r.douglas »

Noticed my Google calendar hadn't updated on my phone (DInc) and then logged into Google to check online calendar. No sync'd updates there either. Unsub'd from calendar and gen'd new URL. Now when I try to add new calendar thru Other Calenders > Add by URL I get the following error:

"The address that you provided did not contain a calendar in a valid iCal or GData format."

I have refreshed the URL a couple times and even used different browsers... no good. Here are the browsers I've tried it with:

Chrome v. 18.0.1025.152m
IE v. 9.0.8112.16421
Firefox v. 11.0

Thanks,
Chuck
mhuch

Same same

Post by mhuch »

Im having the same problem, almost exactly how the first person posted it.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Thanks for the updates. We think we've narrowed down the issue. I'm running through some tests with it today. If I can confirm this fix we will get it out to production as soon as we can.
chuckphillips

Post by chuckphillips »

Any ETA for a fix?
jefferyshoeshine

Same issue with invalid internet calendar

Post by jefferyshoeshine »

I was curious if there is any update on this issue. I have also lost functionality with outlook sync. Would love to get back to full functionality. I also appreciate the hard work that the tech group puts in to provide such convenient tools. Thank you!
heyring

Post by heyring »

Just to confirm my issue as well - Exact same problem here with iCal on MAC
dewittk

Post by dewittk »

Same issue for me. I attempted to add the Internet Calendar to Outlook for first time, it says it is not a valid internet calendar file. Please advise. Windows 7, Outlook 2010 running Office365 (MS Exchange).

Return to “Calendar”