More Allowed Formats for Attachments

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps
cognifloyd

More Allowed Formats for Attachments

Post by cognifloyd »

In many of the church computers, OpenOffice is installed. Though Open Document Format (ODF) can be converted to Word (DOC, DOCX), Excel (XLS, XLSX), or even PDF, I would love to attach the original document in addition to the PDF or other format.

If changes are made, I'd rather people edit the doc, send me a copy, and I'll replace the old with the new, rather than tell me that something needs to be changed and wait for me to get around to changing it.

Please support ODF:
  • ODT: Writer Text
  • ODS: Calc Spreadsheet
Also, when someone creaetes a slideshow presentation for a fireside, or Sunday School, or Institute, or some other ward/stake activity, I would like to be able to attach that presentation to a news blurb after the fact. Again, I can attach the PDF, but I'd really like to attach the original as well as a PDF.

Presentation formats:
  • PPT, PPTX: Powerpoint
  • ODP: Impress
Another possible use for the attached docs would be to distribute some standardized templates - like a PowerPoint template for use in our stake. But that's not an immediate request. OpenDocument support is much more important to me.

Disclaimer: I support Open Source efforts, and avoid proprietary formats wherever possible.

This looks awesome! Thanks!

Return to “Beta Newsletter”