Family Break-up, Children Split between households, How create the new household?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rwrapp

Family Break-up, Children Split between households, How create the new household?

Post by rwrapp »

I must create membership records to reflect the following senario, a Family Break-up, Husband and his non-member spouse separate, children split between the two parents. How do I remove the children from the fathers household record who are living with the non-member spouse. Both 'families' continue to reside in the same ward. The bishop has directed me to make the oldest child living with the non-member spouse to be the head of household.

Let me add, I do not see a means in removing a member from the household other than moving a record out of the ward. My apologies for being obtuse in this.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rwrapp wrote:I must create membership records to reflect the following senario, a Family Break-up, Husband and his non-member spouse separate, children split between the two parents. How do I remove the children from the fathers household record who are living with the non-member spouse. Both 'families' continue to reside in the same ward. The bishop has directed me to make the oldest child living with the non-member spouse to be the head of household.
I would think the easiest way would be to:
  1. Go to the Household Record for the current family.
  2. Remove the oldest child from the household; when you are asked what to do with that child, say to create a new household.
  3. Remove the remaining children who will be in that household, and specify that they are being moved to that household.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Membership Help”