Membership moveout tracking options

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ikylis

Membership moveout tracking options

Post by ikylis »

I've searched the forums and have been unable to view any threads about this.

I have members who's records have been moved out of the ward. Is there a way to find out where the records were sent? I know that there is a form that is printed notifying clerks of move-in and move-out, but our membership clerk has not been storing those hard copies for referencing.

Any help would be much appreciated.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ikylis wrote:I've searched the forums and have been unable to view any threads about this.

I have members who's records have been moved out of the ward. Is there a way to find out where the records were sent? I know that there is a form that is printed notifying clerks of move-in and move-out, but our membership clerk has not been storing those hard copies for referencing.

Any help would be much appreciated.
It's not perfect, but if you have a donor record for them you can look at the donor statement and 'print' mailing labels. There you can see the updated address. You can put that in the map on lds.org and see what ward they should be in. That is still just a best guess.
sghall

Post by sghall »

For "ecclesiastical" purposes, you can call the administration office and they will let you know in which unit the records currently reside (available only to Bishops and Clerks). Generally they prefer it if you have a birth date too (can be found on an old ward directory).

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”