Calendar Languages

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
NicoleandWes

Help with Spanish calendar

Post by NicoleandWes »

Yes, I'm having the same problem today of the calendar coming up in Spanish instead of English.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

If you see this issue, try clearing your cache and cookies.

If anyone can reproduce the issue after clearing their local cache, please let me know. I've confirmed that all the servers have the full set of language files, so that's not the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:I've confirmed that all the servers have the full set of language files, so that's not the problem.

The full set of filenames? Or the full, correct set of files? One theory expressed is that the English language file on one server is wrong.

Is there a way for us to ID the particular server when we experience the problem?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:One theory expressed is that the English language file on one server is wrong.

Have you actually tried clearing your cache and cookies (as recommended by jdcr256) to see if that fixes the problem?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

RussellHltn wrote:The full set of filenames? Or the full, correct set of files? One theory expressed is that the English language file on one server is wrong.

Is there a way for us to ID the particular server when we experience the problem?

All the files are present on all servers and they are the correct files.

There is a single external vip that all outside traffic passes through, so there is no way to identify which server a response originated from.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Have you actually tried clearing your cache and cookies (as recommended by jdcr256) to see if that fixes the problem?

I'll have to wait until this evening when I get back to the computer that has the problem. But why would the cache cause a problem now? I was fine a day or two ago.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Now that I think about it, clearing my cache may have been what started the problem. I cleared it out over the weekend in a effort to snag a audio file I wanted but didn't have download option for.

techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

My browser cache and cookies are all cleared upon closing the browser.
I tried that yesterday and the problem still showed up. A while after I reported it, it suddenly dissappeared.

As of this moment, it's still OK. Weird.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jdcr256 wrote:If you see this issue, try clearing your cache and cookies.

This worked for me. Thanks for checking on it. Weird...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:If you see this issue, try clearing your cache and cookies.

Now that I'm back on my affected machine, yes, it did fix it. But I'm still puzzled as to how it got out of whack in the first place.

Return to “Calendar”