Suggestions for new training modules

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
opee

Suggestions for new training modules

Post by opee »

I had a few thoughts on additional training that could be added to the existing MODULES:

(a) Quarterly Report
Like the Tithing Settlement and New Member modules, this module could help Clerks AND other leaders in the units. It could help new clerks and also newly called leaders in auxiliaries and priesthood groups.

(b) Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching in MLS
Show clerks and secretaries how to enter HT/VT information and reports, how to use them effectively, etc.

(c) Ordering supplies (and annual order) from ldscatalog and the Staples website
Teach clerks more about how to order effectively and how to get the annual order completed

Any other training ideas to add?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

opee wrote:I had a few thoughts on additional training that could be added to the existing MODULES:

(a) Quarterly Report
Like the Tithing Settlement and New Member modules, this module could help Clerks AND other leaders in the units. It could help new clerks and also newly called leaders in auxiliaries and priesthood groups.

(b) Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching in MLS
Show clerks and secretaries how to enter HT/VT information and reports, how to use them effectively, etc.

(c) Ordering supplies (and annual order) from ldscatalog and the Staples website
Teach clerks more about how to order effectively and how to get the annual order completed

Any other training ideas to add?
In an e-mail message I sent to the Training Department on 25 July 2008, I suggested a HT/VT lesson similar to what you mentioned. I also suggested:

(d) Membership Audits and working with the Membership Validation Report

(e) Budget Allocations: how to record and account for the budget allowance from stakes to wards, preparing an annual budget and using MLS to help keep expenses within the budget.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Alan_Brown wrote:(e) Budget Allocations: how to record and account for the budget allowance from stakes to wards, preparing an annual budget and using MLS to help keep expenses within the budget.
Almost related: How to reconcile your unit's budget using the LUFS.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
opee

Post by opee »

(f) Filling out ordinance forms (blessing of child, priesthood advancement, baptism/confirmation, etc.) and printing certificates.
znauga

Custom Reports

Post by znauga »

A training module on this topic would be helpful. I muddle though and have been able to create useful custom reports. However, an area I do not understand how to use is custom criteria. What is a string?? It may be simple for PC knowledgeable clerks but I am not one.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”