Viewing Church broadcasts using a Roku streaming player
The Roku Streaming Player is an approved device for viewing Church broadcasts over the Internet. Roku devices are only available for ordering in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Ireland. International functionality may vary. Rokus are purchased out of Local Unit Budget and supported by the stake technology specialist.
- Meetinghouse Internet or access to a broadband Internet connection
- TV or projector with screen
- Roku 2 XS
First Time Setup
Connecting to a projector or TV for playback
- Connect one end of the included A/V cable to the composite video and analog audio (Video IN) ports on the back of your TV or projector. Connect the other end to the A/V port on the back of your Roku player. Optionally, one may also connect using a HDMI cable (not included).
- If you are using a wired connection, plug the Ethernet cable (not included) to the Ethernet port on the back of the Roku Box. If you are using a wireless connection make sure you know your network name and wireless security password.
- Insert the batteries into your remote control.
- Connect to power.
- Change your TV or projector to the display source your Roku is connected to. You should then see the Roku Channel Main screen. Navigate to the Settings box and press the OK button. Choose Display type and make a selection based on available options and TV/projector video format.
- Navigate to the Settings box and press the OK button. Select Network and choose either Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) and follow the connection directions.
Creating a Roku account
As part of your first time set up instructions, you will be asked to link to a Roku account. Each stake is responsible for creating their own Roku account. To do so, please follow the instructions below:
Linking a Roku streaming player to a Roku account
- Navigate to www.roku.com.
- Click SIGN IN.
- Sign in to your stake account.
- Click link a player under the My Roku Players section.
- Enter your link code and click Submit.
- Click Skip this step (if you do not have a credit card on file).
- Deselect all selected channels.
- Click Submit.
- From the Roku home screen, select Channel Store.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote control to browse channels.
- Select the channel you would like to add (such as the the Mormon Channel or BYUtv)
- Select Add
- Depending on your Roku Channel Store PIN settings you may be asked to enter a four-digit PIN before the channel is added to your home screen
- To immediately launch the new channel select go to channel
Viewing a Church broadcast using the Mormon Channel
- Navigate to the “Mormon Channel” channel
- Select the live broadcast event.
- Select a language.
- Select “Play the Live Stream.”
Additional Information and Support
Church headquarters does not provide support for the Roku streaming player. For additional questions, please contact your stake technology specialist and/or refer to the following documentation: