Using GWT in the LDSTech IDE
Release 1.1.2 of the LDSTech IDE includes version 1.4.0 of the Google Eclipse plugin. This contains several usability enhancements. To run a GWT application, use the following steps:
- Install the GWT plugin if you haven't already.
- Go to Help > Install New Software... and select the LDSTech IDE Update site (http://code.lds.org/downloads/lds-tech-ide/update/e36/).
- Under LDSTech Packages, select the LDSTech GWT Integration plugin and then click Next > and follow the steps to install the GWT plugin.
- If you imported your project before you installed the GWT plugin, you'll need to set it up as a GWT project. To do this, simply right-click on the project and select Maven > Update Project Configuration.
- If you are running LDSTech IDE version 1.3+ you may need to configure GWT manually. To do this:
- Right click on your -web project and select Properties
- Go to Google->Web Toolkit and check the box "Use Google Web Toolkit".
- Select the SDK appropriate to what your application is using. If an appropriate SDK is not available then install the appropriate sdk version using the "Configure SDKs..." link.
- Select "OK".
- Start your web application as you normally would.
- Right-click on the project and select Run As->Web Application (Running on an external Server)
- Enter the url (usually something like http://localhost: 8080/your_project_name) for your project and select an appropriate index file if there is one, then click OK
- If using LDSTech IDE 1.3+ you may be prompted for a "WAR Directory Selection". Choose the "web/target/m2e-wtp/web-resources" directory in your project root.
- Double click on the url generated for you in the "Development Mode" tab.
- You should now be able to view the GWT application in your browser.